Quality Systems Engineer
Company: Tenneco Automotive
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Tracking Code: 185324 Job Location: Southfield, MI Country:
Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain
companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions
addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution
requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
The Quality Systems Engineer - Powertrain is responsible for
improving the overall Powertrain quality management system (PT QMS)
with a long term vision. This includes first understanding
industry, customer and Powertrain quality specific requirements,
the Powertrain locations needs, capabilities and limitations and
then transforming them into Powertrain excellence solutions which
includes processes definitions, methods, tools and competence
options. The Quality Systems Engineer - Powertrain supports the
Powertrain Product lines and their locations when implementing the
Powertrain excellence solutions (ex. TiPS, Keystone, CSR, FMEA,
Maturity Model), into their quality management systems. The Quality
Systems Engineer - Powertrain will work in coordination with the
Powertrain quality organization to develop and continually improve
the way Powertrain operates and support efforts to align the
Product line quality management systems to it. The person should
exhibit a managerial style promoting openness, problem ownership,
teamwork and be able to manage multiple implementation projects
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are
the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent
Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will
be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves
on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of
transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Be a change agent that can identify improvement opportunity
areas and develop solutions understanding the fine balance between
meeting process requirements and the organization capability of
- Be part of the mechanism to identify best practices based on
listening to the business and analyze data and turn them into easy
to use tools that can be incorporated into the Powertrain way of
- Participate in initiatives to deploy the process-approach
thinking and risk-based decision making throughout Powertrain.
- Roll-out assigned projects that support the Powertrain road to
Quality 4.0 based on specific requirements and internal
- Work with the Product lines to further develop, improve and
align their management systems based on the process-approach
thinking to meet Interested parties expectations (i.e. Keystone,
TiPS, Maturity Model).
- Participate in the development and maintenance of tools,
resources and training options to facilitate the implementation of
global best practices.
- Support the Product lines in aligning their Operations to the
Powertrain Company-specific requirements.
- Lead development projects for creating modern global tools to
support a Global company with a strong industry presence including
the interaction with vendors and industry experts.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in science or engineering or
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Five years experience in a manufacturing environment and
experience working in a global multi-plant matrix organization or
manufacturing environment preferred.
- Three years experience in a global role preferred
- Understanding of and a passion for Business excellence, process
approach thinking and data-driven analysis.
- Robust understanding and experience in rolling out business
management systems to automotive companies (ISO 9000, IATF 16949,
VDA) and understanding of certification requirements.
- Robust understanding of methodologies such as Problem solving,
APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, SWOT, Process mapping, etc.
- Strong Project and Program Management skills and
- Basic understanding of data science, programing languages, user
Interfaces (UI) and User experience (UX) and database skills.
Keywords: Tenneco Automotive, Lansing , Quality Systems Engineer, Other , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!