Company: Magna International Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is
smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That's what we're passionate
about at Magna Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class
powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global
automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development,
testing and manufacturing of complex powertrain systems. Our name
stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety.
Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Dream big and
create the future of mobility at Magna Powertrain.
Responsible for supporting and implementing total Quality System
in a manufacturing facility. This role includes supporting current
production issues and the ability to provide advice for problem
solving activities. Serves at the customer contact for potential
Quality issues and submitting the required customer
- Managing and monitoring of product audits.
- Identify and champion issues that may arise in production.
- Participate and conduct internal audits to support IATF, VDA,
LPA standards and other standards as they arise.
- Represent the Lansing Plant in quality meetings both within the
company and the customer as necessary.
- Monitor customer systems for updated quality requirements.
- Lead, track and report on all customer quality incidents and
ensure on time closure.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with customer specific
- Support production including fast response activities
- Support Engineering in defining gage methods for manufacturing
components and assemblies.
- Manage gage certifications and calibrations
- Ensure systems and documentation are up to date and in
compliance with Magna Quality systems and external audit
- Any additional responsibilities deemed necessary by
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- BS in technical degree or equivalent work experience. 3- 5
years experience in quality in a manufacturing environment
- Complete knowledge of automotive APQP/PPAP processes
- Experience in customer portals (BeOn, KPM, LION, GM systems
- Understanding of PFMEA and Control Plans
- Knowledge of AIAG MSA principles
- Experience with problem solving techniques such as 8-D, 5 phase
- Statistical abilities and understanding gage R&R and
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Computer skills
Office environment, with frequent visits to the shop floor
Normal amount of sitting or standing, above average mobility to
move around an office and plant environment, able to conduct normal
amount of work at a computer, requires travel, approximately 10% of
Perform office duties in a manner which is consistent with good
ergonomic practice, so as to minimize the risk of repetitive strain
injury. When in the manufacturing area to do layered audits or any
other purpose, follow all plant safety rules and always wear
personal protective equipment (PPE) where required.
11--Quality A--Contractor/Temporary Worker
Keywords: Magna International Inc., Lansing , Quality Engineer, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!