Medical Physicist Master Cert
Company: McLaren Health Care
Posted on: June 13, 2021
This position provided services to McLaren Greater Lansing and
McLaren Central in Mount Pleasant. Incumbent will be expected to
travel to either site based on the needs of the service line.
This position provides Radiation Oncology Department with
physics services to ensure a high level of radiation treatment
quality and patient/staff safety. Participates in radiation
equipment/software quality assurance program, treatment planning
procedures, brachytherapy and special procedures, ensuring
radiation equipment performance/maintenance, radiation safety and
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Establishment of radiation beam characteristics for clinical
- Radiation therapy equipment calibration and quality
- Assists in complicated simulation and patient setups.
- Treatment planning consultation with clinical and medical
- Treatment planning (external beam, brachytherapy), dose
- Fabrication of treatment aids.
- Brachytherapy source storage, inventory, accountability, safety
handling, ordering and procedure preparation.
- Record keeping and regulatory compliance.
- Assists with facility planning, shielding design and
- Regulatory compliance, license renewal and amendment.
- Radiation safety and radiation protection for the cancer
center, and staff training.
- Attends Radiation Safety Committee.
- Participates in department quality assurance and continuous
quality improvement programs.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.
- Master's degree in Medical Physics from a CAMPEP accredited
Medical Physics program.
- Certification by the American Board of Radiology in Therapeutic
Consideration also provided for candidates in the process of
obtaining certification or completing a residensy. No prior work
experience required. Must obtain certification by the American
Board of Radiology in Therapeutic Medical Physics within two years
Equal Opportunity Employer of
Keywords: McLaren Health Care, Lansing , Medical Physicist Master Cert, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!