Reg Nurse Weekend
Company: McLaren Health Care
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Responsible for the delivery of nursing care within the assigned
unit scope of practice following hospital policies and procedures,
nursing process guidelines, standards of care, and standards of
- Assesses each assigned patient, documents and evaluates their
response to plan of care, and takes appropriate corrective
- Plans and implements the patient's plan of care/standard of
care and provides patient teaching using the plan of care/ standard
- Oversees all ancillary personnel for technical tasks.
- Seeks to improve quality of service by continuously developing
individual and unit competencies within scope of practice.
- Integrates into practice the research of best practice
benchmarking and clinical pathways, participates and
with ongoing studies and clinical trials promotion and
dissemination of research through professional forums including
presentations and publications.
- Employees hired into a full time weekend position shall commit
to work 72 hours per pay period between 7:00 a.m. Friday and 7:00
a.m. Tuesday. Employees hired into a part time Weekend Baylor
position shall commit to work 48 hours per pay period between 7:00
a.m. Friday and 7:00 a.m. Tuesday.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Experience in specialty area will be considered. Experience
specific to the unit/position may be required to maintain
overall competency level of unit, as required by regulatory
- Current State of Michigan Registered Nurse license.
- BLS certification as Healthcare Provider.
- ACLS certification as Healthcare Provider in the Cardiac Cath
Required after hire into department from an approved
- ACLS required within 6 months for RNs in Critical Care,
Emergency, Endoscopy, 2 East (Orthopedics), Cardiac Cath Lab,
Cardiac Rehab, 3 West, 3 Chi, PACU, Same Day Surgery (Penn
campus only), Telemetry Floats.;
- NRP required within 6 months for RNs in Labor and
- PALS required within 6 months for RNs in 5 South (Pediatrics)
- PALS and TNCC within one year for Emergency Department.
- Oncology Nursing Certification required within 6 months in
Radiation Oncology units or within two years in Oncology
- Oncology Nurse Society (ONS) or equivalent
Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration course required within 6
of hire in Oncology Services units.
- One year of professional nursing experience in area of
Equal Opportunity Employer of
Keywords: McLaren Health Care, Lansing , Reg Nurse Weekend, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!