Unit Manager (RN)
Company: Prestige Healthcare
Posted on: June 13, 2021
RN Unit Manager - Advance Your Career with Us! Medilodge of
Okemos has a 5-Star rating in Quality of Resident Care and is an
integral part of our large Medilodge portfolio of 49 centers
state-wide, which makes us a leading healthcare provider in
Michigan! We are looking for a compassionate Registered Nurse Unit
Manager who is interested in career progression, to join our team!
What Benefits Do We Offer You?
- Competitive Wages
- Electronic Scheduling - You Manage Your Work Schedule
- Excellent Career Advancement Opportunities That Meet Your
- Daily Pay, Weekly Pay, Bi-Weekly Pay Options through On-Shift
Wallet (stat pay)
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits for You & Your
- Employee Benefits Concierge - to Guide You in Maximizing Your
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Days with Rollover Option and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement with Company Match
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account
- Mobile Phone Discount Program
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses and more!
Medilodge of Okemos is nestled in a beautiful wooded area,
surrounded by community trails and conveniently located right on
the bus line. Our 80 private rooms, newly renovated, state of the
art, therapy gym and spacious building provide a wonderful work
environment. As safety is one of our top priorities for our team
and residents, we are now offering virtual or in-person interviews
depending on your comfort level.
Thank you for considering a career with us!
We can't wait to meet you!
Responsible for directing the entire operation of a nursing unit
in a long-term care healthcare facility
- Performs General Management Functions such as hiring,
disciplining and evaluating employees
- Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address
resident care issues for the unit
- Manages area of responsibility with the goal of achieving and
maintaining the highest quality of care possible.
- Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating
programs that promote the recruitment, retention, development and
continuing education of nursing staff members.
- Contacts physicians as necessary and ensures physicians
interventions are timely and appropriate
- Reviews staffing patterns and census of nursing units, and
reassigns personnel when necessary to ensure staffing meets
resident needs and budgetary controls.
- Monitors the clinical operations of the unit and resident's
conditions and ensures that appropriate and quality care is
- Obtains medications, supplies and medical records needed to
provide safe, efficient and therapeutic care to residents on a
- Assists in the orientation of new personnel, monitors their
skills and guides and observes staff that may need assistance with
- Participates in facility "QA" program
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Skilled in motivation of staff and leadership.
- Skilled in work assessment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their
family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of state and federal requirements for accreditation
- Possesses basic computer skills
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse resident and employee
Keywords: Prestige Healthcare, Lansing , Unit Manager (RN), Other , Okemos, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!