Posted on: July 19, 2021
The Extraction Technician will be responsible for assisting in
product processing and formulation. The Extraction Technician
completes tasks assigned by the Extraction Manager to monitor and
maintain the organization, cleanliness and efficiency of production
areas as well as to maintain quality control measures. This
position is responsible for assisting with lab production, which
includes but is not limited to distillation, extraction,
winterization, production of cannabis infused products, compliance
requirements, and workplace safety.
- Familiarity with basic scientific principles and laboratory
experience. Must be able to follow written directions and maintain
a laboratory notebook.
- Must follow all applicable policies, procedures and guidelines.
This includes the safe and proper operation of any/all applicable
machinery, instrumentation, and equipment.
- Operate laboratory instruments, make observations, calculate
and record results.
- Understand and meet daily goals.
- Work as part of a team to meet production schedules.
- Employee may also be responsible for monitoring production
lines and collecting samples for analysis.
- Follow SOP and standard analytical procedures to meet Good
Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Records data in lab notebooks, computer databases, and test
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, with co-workers
- Practice good housekeeping habits throughout the facility with
focus and personal contributions towards a clean and organized
assigned work area at the end of the assigned shift.
- Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and is able to
identify and report unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so
that they may be corrected prior to an incident.
- Flexibility and the ability to shift work schedule according to
- Must pass any and all required pre-employment screenings.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company
regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be approved to receive an Agent badge.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing
and repetitive motions.
- Physical demands – May be required to stand and/or walk for
extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry and balance
up to 50 pounds (200 pounds with assistance)
- Associate or 4-year degree preferred, with relevant college
courses in biology, chemistry, or physics .
- Prior Laboratory experience.
- Prior Cannabis Lab / Manufacturing experience
At SKYMINT, we have one mission and one mission only: to
change people's lives for the better.
Change your life. Change the world.
Personal change. Social change. Political change. We want it
all, and we’re committed to being trailblazers in the cannabis
industry. By creating, developing, distributing, and selling the
best cannabis products on the market, and by giving back to support
positive change in our communities, we believe we cannot only
change our customers’ lives for the better; we believe we can
change the world.
At Skymint, we believe access to the best cannabis plants can
help you live your best life. So, we grow them right here in
Michigan, giving farm-to-stash freshness at the best value
We treat our teams like the modern-day cannabis sommeliers they
are, giving them the resources, they need to create life-changing
experiences for all. Why? Because we’ve seen what happens when
happy people make happy plants. We hope you’ll want to be a part of
Equal opportunity employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we are committed to
equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We do not
discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age,
marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition,
genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which
includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to
pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other federally,
state and/or locally protected characteristic. Employment may be
contingent upon receipt of a background check, a possible
job-related drug test (excluding cannabis), and/or reference check,
as applicable and permissible by law.
Keywords: Skymint, Lansing , Lab Associate, Other , Okemos, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!