CNC Machinist (6pm - 6am rotating schedule)
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Posted on: September 5, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Machine Operator position contributes to the production of
medical devices by operating and performing basic set ups of CNC 3
and multi axis machines, with the ability to identify machine
coordinates as applicable to the program. He/she is responsible for
running multiple and varying CNC machines simultaneously, such as
Mills, Lathes and EDMs. In addition, may be required to operate
manual machine tools to cut, drill, shape where applicable.
LAN - Shift 3 ($.50) (United States of America - Michigan)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Set up moderately complex jobs and operate conventional,
special-purpose and computerized numerical control (CNC) machines
to fabricate metallic parts.
- Select, align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools,
attachments, accessories and materials on machines, such as mills,
lathes, grinders and tooling pre-setter.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors, such
as speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Load programs into CNC machine and execute program to
accurately machine parts to meet customer specifications.
- Set up and operate machine on trial run to verify accuracy of
machine settings to programmed control data ensuring functionality
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or
out-of-tolerance machining and make off sets and adjustments to
machines without supervision.
- Operates multiple machines simultaneously.
- Troubleshoots problems and escalates to technical experts and
leadership as necessary.
- Verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications,
using precision measuring instruments.
- Complete essential documentation as required.
- Use hand truck, pallet jack, carts to safely transport
- Maintain work area, tools, and equipment in a clean and
- Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material and any
unusual conditions to the department supervisor or lead.
- Completes shop work orders, inspection documentation, and daily
- Support Lean Manufacturing and EHS initiatives.
- Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department
Supervisor or Lead.
- Advocates for the health and safety of self, co-workers,
customers, and the community.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures,
work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems
(QMS). Completes all required training.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
3+ Years of machining experience in a manufacturing environment
(Required), Experience in Medical Device Manufacturing (Preferred),
Lean manufacturing experience (Preferred)
High School Or Equivalent Required, , ,
Machining - Trade School
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Extensive Experience), Blueprint
Reading (Subject-Matter Expertise), Communication (Working
Experience), Data Entry (Working Experience), GD&T
(Subject-Matter Expertise), Handwriting (Basic Knowledge),
Information Processing (Extensive Experience), Machine Set Up
(Subject-Matter Expertise), Mathematical Ability (Working
Experience), Problem Solving (Working Experience), Quality
Inspection Metrology Tools (Extensive Experience), Visual Quality
Assurance (Extensive Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Constantly operates machinery.
- Constantly positions self to operate machinery in a variety of
- Constantly visually inspect parts
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds
- Frequently quickly grasp objects
- Must be able to remain in a standing position 75% of the
- Frequent grasping, fingering, manipulation of materials.
- Requires use of foot controls.
- Corrected vision of 20/20, preferred.
- Able to work in a fast-paced quality -oriented manufacturing
- Work performed in manufacturing environment where exposure to a
number of elements occurs.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for
- Willing and able to work long hours including overtime as
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Lansing , CNC Machinist (6pm - 6am rotating schedule), Other , Holt, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!