Flatbed Cutter Operator (2nd shift 3pm – 11pm, 2
The major purpose of the Cutter
Operator is to prepare high quality press-ready materials and
bindery-ready components/materials for the next operation. This
position requires a full understanding of Planning, Layout, and
Press, as well as all bindery operations.
Primary Duties and
Responsibilities (*Essential Functions):
These are functions that a qualified
incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without
- Operate flatbed cutter safely,
following proper lifting procedures with safety being the highest
- Read, understand and follow instructions as
specified on the job ticket.
- Load sheets into machine, jog and stack sheets,
pull skids in and out.
- Determine daily priorities with Supervisor or Group
- The flatbed cutter operator must thoroughly
understand the quality characteristics of “Bindery-Ready Materials”
and “Press-Ready Materials” with responsibility for ensuring all
materials are coming off the machine are finished products and meet
or exceed our customers, bindery and or press
- Check each job for accuracy of specifications and
verify the quality meets our expectation.
- Read, understand and follow the Knife change
procedures when changing knives.
- Fill-out paperwork correctly and consistently,
communicating all needed information to the next
- Consistently produce quantities consistent with or
- Clean machine and area properly, and perform
scheduled maintenance and repairs, when needed.
- Adhere to time “guidelines” for change-over’s,
set-ups and preventative maintenance.
- Cross train in other areas as needed.
- Assist in the training of new operators, when
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a high school
diploma or GED required.
- Ability to read a ruler
- Good arm, hand, eye coordination
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Basic verbal and written communication
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid
- Ability to learn the job and perform work
productively and safely.
- Reliable; good attendance is expected.
- May be required to work mandatory overtime as
Physical Requirements &
- Requires regularly standing,
walking, carrying, climbing, lifting, and reaching, as well as
- Exposure to noise; exposure to arm and wrist
fatigue; must wear hearing protection and safety shoes.
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
To submit an application online, please visit our
website at www.sheridan.com/careers or email your resume to