Grinder, Finishing, 2nd shift
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Posted on: November 18, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Operations Tech, Metal Finisher I is responsible for grinding
parts to remove flash and other indications according to the
established standard work for production purposes.
LAN - Shift 2 ($.50) (United States of America - Michigan)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Operate grinding equipment in cell, including cut off wheel,
buffing wheel, belt grinder, etc.
- Inspect and remove defects such as cracks, belt marks, dings &
- Inspect parts using gaging to determine areas that lie outside
- Use inspection tools and gages, e.g., overlay, calipers,
Go/No-go Gages, micrometers, Height Gages, and OC (Optical
Comparators) as required.
- Manufacture parts to manufacturing prints or customer
- Complete required router information.
- Perform housekeeping per 6S schedule.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures,
work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems
- Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department
Supervisor or Lead.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Manufacturing Experience (Preferred), No previous work experience
High School Or Equivalent, , ,
None - ---
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Active
Learning (Basic Knowledge), Blueprint Reading (Basic Knowledge),
Communication (Basic Knowledge), Data Entry (Basic Knowledge), Hand
Dexterity (Extensive Experience), Information Capture (Working
Experience), Manufacturing Safety (Working Experience),
Mathematical Ability (Basic Knowledge), Problem Solving (Working
Experience), Quality Inspection Metrology Tools (Working
Experience), Quality Management (Basic Knowledge), Standard
Operating Procedures (Working Experience), Time management (Working
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Constantly reaches and grabs objects.
- Constantly handles and feels objects.
- Constantly applies pressure to objects.
- Constantly operates tools such as fixtures, jigs, and
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves objects up to 50 pounds.
- Constantly visually inspects objects for defects.
- Must be able to remain in a standing position at least 80% of
- Occasional long working hours including overtime as
- Corrected vision of no less than 20/20, required.
- Work performed in manufacturing environment where exposure to a
number of elements occurs.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Lansing , Grinder, Finishing, 2nd shift, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!