Operations Tech, Tool Room, Orchid Lansing
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Posted on: November 19, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Operations Tech, Tool Room is responsible for setting up,
operating and maintaining CNC and manual machine tools such as
milling machines, Ram EDM, lathes, and grinders according to the
established standard work procedures.
LAN - Shift 3 ($.50) (United States of America - Michigan)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, models, specifications,
or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished
workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup.
- Machine parts to specifications using CNC and manual machine
tools such as milling machines, Ram EDM, lathes, and grinders.
- Measure and examine machined details to detect defects and
verify conformance of specifications, using standard inspection
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such
as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, enters
commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control
media according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Monitor feeds and speeds of machines during the machining
process and make necessary adjustments to achieve high quality
finishes and extend tool life.
- Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications,
using measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
- Accurately align and secure work holding fixtures, cutting
tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Perform weekly 6S schedule.
- Assist and train others as needed.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures,
work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Manufacturing Experience (Preferred)
High School Or Equivalent, , ,
None - ---
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Active
Learning (Basic Knowledge), Blueprint Reading (Basic Knowledge),
Communication (Basic Knowledge), Data Entry (Basic Knowledge), Hand
Dexterity (Extensive Experience), Information Capture (Working
Experience), Manufacturing Safety (Working Experience),
Mathematical Ability (Basic Knowledge), Problem Solving (Working
Experience), Quality Inspection Metrology Tools (Working
Experience), Quality Management (Basic Knowledge), Standard
Operating Procedures (Working Experience), Time management (Working
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Constantly operates machinery.
- Constantly positions self to operate machinery in a variety of
- Constantly visually inspect die blocks
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 125 pounds
- Frequently quickly grasp objects
- Must be able to remain in a standing position 75% of the
- Corrected vision of 20/20, preferred.
- Able to work in a fast-paced quality -oriented manufacturing
- Work performed in manufacturing environment where exposure to a
number of elements occurs.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for
- Willing and able to work long hours including overtime as
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets Associated topics: automated
machinery, automatic, cnc fabricating, cnc machining, computer
aided design, computerized numerical control, machine operator,
precision, precision machining, smt machine
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Lansing , Operations Tech, Tool Room, Orchid Lansing, Other , Holt, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!