Machine Operator, Forging Press, 2nd Shift
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Posted on: November 19, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Machine Operator, Forging Press is responsible for operating
the press to form products using billets and die blocks according
to established standard work for production purposes.
LAN - Shift 2 ($.50) (United States of America - Michigan)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Operates forging press using billets and die blocks.
* Complete all DHR documents.
* Trouble shoot/problem solve die issues.
* Produce parts to manufacturing or customer prints with minimal
* Identify visual and dimensional defects.
* Complete dimensional inspection, first piece layout and all IPIS
* Understanding of water to graphite ratio.
* Set up of press within stated time.
* Make sure work environment remains safe, uncluttered, clean and
well-maintained by performing maintenance and general janitorial
duties throughout shift per the 6S schedule
* Monitor machines for irregularities
* Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures,
work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems
* Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department
Supervisor or Lead.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
1+ Year of Prior Relevant Experience (Preferred), Lean
manufacturing experience (Preferred)
High School Or Equivalent, , ,
Machining - Trade School
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Blueprint
Reading (Working Experience), Data Entry (Working Experience),
GD&T (Working Experience), Handwriting (Basic Knowledge),
Information Processing (Basic Knowledge), Machine Set Up (Working
Experience), Mathematical Ability (Basic Knowledge), Problem
Solving (Working Experience), Quality Inspection Metrology Tools
(Working Experience), Visual Quality Assurance (Working
WHAT WE OFFER
* Opportunity to work in a growing company
* Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
* Comprehensive benefit package
* Ability to work in an organization that values:
* Integrity First: We do the right thing
* Teamwork: We are one Orchid
* Results: Our results matter
* Constantly operates machinery.
* Occasionally positions self to operate machinery in a variety of
* Frequently visually inspect parts.
* Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 125 pounds.
* Frequently quickly grasp objects.
* Must be able to remain in a standing position 75% of the
* Frequently operates foot and hand controls.
* Corrected vison of 20/20, preferred.
* Work performed in manufacturing environment where exposure to a
number of elements occurs.
* Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for the
* Ability to work mandatory overtime and weekends as required
* Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
* Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Lansing , Machine Operator, Forging Press, 2nd Shift, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!