Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Opportunity Job ID: 28804 Positions Location: Lansing, MI
Job Description Purpose of Job: Operate radiographic Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description Purpose of Job:
Operate radiographic equipment to make clinical diagnostic x-ray
films as directed by physicians and perform routine diagnostic
procedures according to established standards and practices.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take x-rays images of specified body/parts as ordered,
following established procedures.
- Prepare patient and adjust equipment for taking x-rays.
Position and instruct patients regarding procedures.
- Use of lead protective devices to protect parts of the body not
in the central ray and reduce exposure to radiation.
- Use of automatic radiation shielding (Collimator).
- Observe sterile technique and universal precautions when
- Process films, and use proper identification techniques so as
to assure proper labeling.
- Log patient technical factors and pertinent information in
- Maintain established department policies, procedures,
objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection
- Assist in care and maintenance of facilities, equipment, and
- Attend in-service meetings and other meetings as required.
Enhance professional growth through educational programs,
conferences, workshops, etc.
- Serves as a role model for consistent demonstration of Sparrow
Health Systems Customer Service Behavioral Standards of
Performance, by respecting the Privacy and Confidentiality of those
- Demonstrates knowledge and respects patient, service provider,
and organizational confidentiality procedures and protocols defined
under the HIPAA Privacy Policies.
- Follows established HIPAA privacy procedures when using and/or
disclosing protected health information.
- Maintains and protects patients rights under the HIPAA Privacy
standards. Job Requirements General Requirements Registered as a
radiographic technologist. Work Experience None Education High
School diploma or GED equivalency Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrate a positive team attitude and has interpersonal skills
to effectively and appropriately communicate with patients, their
families, physicians, and co-workers. Provide care for patients,
which are age-specific to meet their physical and safety needs,
psychosocial concerns, and education level. Sparrow Health System
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Job
Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements:
Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED
Status Per Diem Facility Match Any Experience Level Under 4
Keywords: Sparrow, Lansing , X-ray Tech, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!