COORDINATOR OUTPATIENT REHAB - PER DIEM
Company: Sparrow Health System
Location: Saint Johns
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Job Opportunity Job ID: 27712 Positions Location: St. Johns, MI
Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description: Positions
Location: St. Johns, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job:
Provide secretarial support services to the Rehabilitation Manager.
Essential Duties: This job description is intended to cover the
minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates
may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their
leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of
- Greet and assist all patients, visitors or other persons upon
entrance into the department.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls, direct calls to the
appropriate persons or department.
- Schedule patient appointments and obtain information for
registration and billing.
- Compile, maintain, and distribute daily and weekly
- Prepare pertinent information for new patient charts in an
organized manner. Prepare charts for discharge following department
guidelines. File pertinent information into charts as the need
- Mail or fax appropriate information including new prescription
forms, plans of care, progress notes, and discharge notes.
- Track Medicare/Medicaid and Blue Cross plans of care and
progress notes to ensure physician's signature.
- Sort and distribute departmental mail.
- Demonstrate effective use of all office equipment.
- Perform routine clerical tasks and assists other clerical
associates with office duties as needed.
- Enter ICD-9 diagnostic codes, and daily patient charges into
the STAR system as assigned.
- Monitor, inventory, and order departmental supplies. Maintain
inventory of department therapy supplies and purchasing records.
Generate purchasing requisitions.
- Responsible for collecting, receipting and balancing monies
received from patients.
- Be familiar with information requirements for admission
including prescriptions, insurance information, diagnosis,
- Be familiar with procedures for insurance pre-authorization and
ensure that pre-authorizations are obtained on a timely basis prior
- Discharge patients from STAR system.
- Cooperate with outpatient rehab staff and other health system
departments in order to maximize the efficiency of non-clinical
services such as the registering, scheduling, and billing of our
patients. Job Requirements Work Experience See Education
Education High school diploma or G.E.D and minimum of 2 years
clerical experience working in a medical office setting OR
Bachleor's degree in related health sciences/administration
Graduate of an accredited trade school or community college focused
on medical office administration preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Working knowledge of Microsoft
Office Applications. Effective written and verbal communication
skills, and strong interpersonal skills. Able to prioritize and
keep pace in a busy setting. Able to perform multiple tasks and
adapt to changing situations. Knowledge of medical terminology.
Familiarity with various insurance programs and their benefit level
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status. Job Family Administrative/Clerical
Requirements: Shift Days
Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED
Status Per Diem
Facility Sparrow Clinton Hospital
Experience Level New Grad
CategoryMedical Secretaries and Administrative
AssistantsEducationHigh School or EquivalentExperience2 to 20+
yearsJob typeFull time
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Lansing , COORDINATOR OUTPATIENT REHAB - PER DIEM, Other , Saint Johns, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!