Company: Sparrow Health System
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
Job DescriptionGeneral Purpose of Job:Provide leadership and
direction for Sparrow Health System's denials avoidance functions.
Areas of focus will include denials, denial write offs,appeals
management, financial analysis of managed care contracts, and other
clinically related denial issues.Essential Duties:This job
description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties
assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform
additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the
right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Provide leadership for Sparrow Health System's Denial avoidance
- Monitor key performance indicators within span of control. Work
with leadership and staff to develop and direct process improvement
initiatives related to denial KPI's.
- Provide leadership in developing and improving caregiver
- Analyze denial and audit results to identify root cause issues
- Chair/ lead denials steering committee, and organize/lead
various denials subgroups to meet denials goals.
- Establish policies and procedures to properly govern the
denials avoidance team.
- Peforms interviewing, selecting, orienting, and training of
staff within span of control.
- Insure that areas of responsibility follow the established
Health System Compliance Plan initiatives.
- Assist other Clinical and Revenue Cycle leaders in generating,
analyzing and interpreting data to support managed care payer
contracts, payer scorecards, payment reform issues, and denial
- Represent the Health System in its relationship with other
health agencies, organizations, and groups dealing with government
agencies and third party payers at State, National, and local
health policy meetings.Job RequirementsGeneral Requirements
- Membership in Healthcare Financial Management Association.
Work Experience --- Minimum 5 years experience in Revenue Cycle
environments --- Experience in a leadership role - preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business
Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills --- Detailed knowledge of payer
reimbursement methodologies and billing compliance rules. ---
Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, direct and lead. ---
Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Lansing , SHS-MGR-DENIALS, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!