Utility Worker / Vehicle Cleaner
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Utility Worker will perform basic shop duties in a safe manner
performing detailed cleaning, sanitizing, fueling of equipment, and
complete standard forms.
The Utility Worker must possess a chauffeur's license and ability
to obtain a CDL.
How we are keeping our employees and customers safe:
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines.
- Enhanced vehicle and facility cleaning/disinfecting measures
with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas.
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, and gloves).
- Social Distancing Enforced.
Second shifts available!
- 2nd shift: 3 p.m. - 12 a.m. , 4 p.m. - 1 a.m., 5 p.m. - 2
- Responsible for safely moving and positioning a variety of
equipment consistent with training.
- Responsible for maintaining vehicles inside and out for
- Performs basic housekeeping duties in the vehicles, shop,
facility, and on the grounds.
- Responsible for checking fluid levels and adjusting as
- Responsible for fueling equipment.
- Other duties as assigned for the efficient operation of the
- High school diploma or equivalent. Years of qualified job
history can be substituted.
- Must possess a chauffeur's license.
- Must obtain a CDL license with passenger endorsement within 90
days of hire. Paid training and materials provided.
- Clean drivers record for the past 5 years.
- Knowledge of shop safety standards.
- Must be self-motivated and able to perform without constant or
- Must have a strong commitment to safety.
- Must be well organized.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and/or shifts.
- Ability to work on a team.
- 1 year or more of janitorial or auto detailing experience
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Good oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and follow written and spoken
- Ability to read, comprehend, and abide by Material Safety Data
Sheets and all other safety training materials provided.
- Ability to learn shop processes including fueling vehicles and
- Ability to mix and use a variety of cleaning products as
- Ability to use a variety of equipment such as buffers,
scrubbing machines, and other heavy cleaning equipment.
- Attention to details.
- Must submit to drug testing, physical examination, a criminal
background check, and motor vehicle report.:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Less than 10% of work is accomplished in doors and in air
conditioned or well ventilated facilities
- Greater than 90% of work is accomplished in an open garage
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of
the arms, repetitive hand wrist motion, and legs and moving the
whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking,
stooping, and handling materials.
- May be asked to lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
- May be exposed to cleaning chemicals, you have access to safety
- Will be exposed to the weather at any time and in all
Corporate office near Chicago, Transdev is the largest
private-sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North
America, including bus, rail, streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle
services. Transdev is committed to being the trusted partner of
cities and transit authorities through quality execution and
innovations in mobility. Its parent company, Transdev Group, is a
leading global operator and integrator of mobility operating in 17
countries and provides passengers the freedom to connect to what
they care about in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check. Associated topics: animal
care, custodial, custodian, custody, house cleaner, janitor,
janitorial, sanitation, sanitize, wash
Keywords: transdevna, Lansing , Utility Worker / Vehicle Cleaner, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!