Utility Worker - 2nd Shift
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Lansing facility is seeking a Utility Worker to keep small
machines supplied with all materials needed to complete job and
maintain a clean orderly work area.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Ensure skids and shipper boxes are ready for staged jobs.
- Makes labels for staged jobs.
- Take away finished skids to shipping.
- Maintains 5S for department.
- Ensures next job is ready for each machine.
- Orders material for each job.
- Handles recycling for department.
- Helps change our computer.
- Stacks finished boxes on proper skid and label boxes.
- Checks inventory of shipper boxes, chipboard, box tape and
glue, and restocks as needed.
- Sweeps and dusts finishing area.
- Operates motorized lifts.
- Double checks labels and paperwork on finished product.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Six months' related work experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to appropriately use hand tools.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple
- Must be able to perform intermediate arithmetic dealing with
decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum
requirement on a mechanical test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with
or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offerCorporate culture based on integrity, respect,
accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability,
Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements
of the daily work#CB
#GD -WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/
Keywords: WestRock, Lansing , Utility Worker - 2nd Shift, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!