NEUROSCIENCE TECH (EEG TECH)
Company: Sparrow Health System
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job ID: 31645 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description
General Purpose of Job: Perform
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Perform and process non-invasive neuro-diagnostic
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential
duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to
perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership
has the right to alter or modify the duties of the
- Perform and process non-invasive neuro-diagnostic procedures
including EEG, Evoked Potentials, and Transcranial Doppler.
Prepares the patient and operates various types of equipment to
obtain appropriate data for physician interpretation and/or
- Assists in developing standard operating procedures and
- Assists in training of associates and students.
- Maintains knowledge of current diagnostic techniques and
- Assist in equipment evaluation and selection as
- Performs additional job related duties as requested (stock
supplies, maintain files, equipment and work area).
- Participates in an on-call schedule to provide emergency
diagnostic and/or monitoring procedures after hours to include
weekends and holidays.
- Receives on-call directives by cell phone/pager.
* BCLS/CPR * Registered with the American Board of Registered
Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists within 18 months of hire.
* On the job or classroom training. * Previous
electroneurodiagnostic experience (Preferred) * Board eligible
* High school diploma or GED. * Graduate of an accredited
neuroscience/electroneurodiagnostic program or trained as an
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
* Demonstrate ability to learn a variety of diagnostic procedures
and understand complex equipment. * Demonstrate sound communication
skill. * Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to
provide care based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety
and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients
serviced related to the principle duties and responsibilities of
the position. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care
may be gained though education, training or previous experience. *
Skilled in computer use.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health
Degree Type / Education Level
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Lansing , NEUROSCIENCE TECH (EEG TECH), Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!