Press Operator - 3rd Shift
Company: Dowding Industries, Inc.
Location: Eaton Rapids
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Title: Press Operator
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Manages Others: No
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Since 1965, Dowding has grown from a tool and die manufacturer to a
leading edge, world-class manufacturer of metal stampings,
fabrication, precision machined components, and assemblies. We
capitalize on our rich manufacturing history and utilize Michigan's
engineering expertise to provide our customers the competitive
advantage needed in today's markets. At Dowding Industries, we
utilize only the latest advanced processing methods and assembly
technologies to deliver tomorrow's solutions, today. Producing
parts for automotive, railcar, defense and infrastructure sectors
as well, we are helping bring Michigan back to the forefront of
manufacturing! Dowding Industries is firmly committed to providing
products and services which in all ways meet or exceed our
customer's requirements for delivery, quality and value.
Set up and operate progressive stamping presses to produce
materials to customer specifications.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Complete production paperwork and quality checks.
- Produce the highest level of quality utilizing control plans
and work instructions.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following procedures.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational and
- Maintain and calibrate equipment, complying with all safety
regulations and submitting orders for complex repairs.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Perform equipment setup and minor maintenance such as
lubrication, cleaning, and adjustments.
- Inspect, package, and document finished orders.
- Set up, monitor, and maintain press to meet product
specifications and timelines.
- Complete job run logs, including any mechanical problems and
metrics for output, waste, and spoilage.
- Other processes and responsibilities may be added at the
- Ability or capability of reading/understanding blueprints,
control plans and work instructions.
- At least one year of experience as a press operator strongly
- High school diploma or GED.
- Able to add, subtract, divide and multiply all units of
measure, including fractions, whole numbers, decimals, and
- Basic understanding of shop safety.
- Material handling.
- Documentation skills.
- Set up/operation of progressive stamping presses.
- Able to work without immediate supervision.
- Time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- This work position is required to work in a manufacturing
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; toxic or caustic
chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
particles; extreme heat (non-weather) and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Dowding Industries, Inc. Offers a Competitive Total Compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage (including
spouse or domestic partner and children)
- Medical flexible spending account
- Life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability
- 401(k) retirement program
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Dowding Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed
to the concept and practice of equal opportunity in all aspects of
employment. We encourage qualified individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experience to apply.
Keywords: Dowding Industries, Inc., Lansing , Press Operator - 3rd Shift, Other , Eaton Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!