OIP Fiscal Services Coordinator
Company: CLINTON COUNTY RESA
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The OIP Fiscal Services Coordinator ensures that fiscal accounting
for all initiatives through the Clinton County RESA of Innovative
Projects are in compliance with state and federal laws and
regulations and Clinton County RESA Board Policy. The OIP Fiscal
Services Coordinator will be responsible for the enhancement and
maintenance of fiscal operations for the Office of Innovative
Projects. The individual in this role will be responsible for the
provision of budgeting, accounting services, fiscal management, and
timely reports for multi-million-dollar, grant-funded, statewide
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate with the Office of Innovative Projects (OIP)
Management Team on developing budgets and budget amendments. Attend
Innovative Projects staff meetings. Coordinate with the Clinton
County RESA Business Manager and personnel in the Business Office
as needed. Attend necessary meetings with the Clinton County RESA
Business Office on a regular basis.
2. Take the lead role with OIP grant application preparation, grant
closeouts, and reconciliation. Maintain budgets and expenditure
allocations for all OIP projects. Maintain account structure in
conformance with the Michigan Public School Accounting Manual. Act
as liaison with Michigan Department of Education grant managers and
3. Take an active role in working with the Clinton County RESA
Business Office to develop documentation and processes that will
allow for seamless back up and support for the Office of Innovative
Project's fiscal/financial needs.
4. Prepare MDE/federal, contractual, and other funder reports for
grant programs. Compile monthly and year-end transactions,
financial data, and related audit materials.
5. Prepare appropriate journal entries. Provide and distribute
monthly accounting reports to the Management Team.
6. Make cash flow projections. Provide financial reports to the
Board as requested.
7. Maintain Innovative Projects accounts receivable procedures,
including management of online payments through professional
learning management system and reconciling to PayPal. Issue
invoices. Collect Payments. Issue refunds. Make bank deposits.
8. Develop and maintain OIP payroll forms and procedures. Develop
and maintain employee travel reimbursement forms and procedures for
9. Develop purchase orders, contracts, and requisitions as required
for OIP operations. Monitor purchase order and contract
performance. Maintain Innovative Projects accounts payable
procedures. Audit requests for payment and coordinate payment
processing through purchasing card, vendor checks or petty cash, as
10. Coordinate OIP's use of petty cash and purchasing cards and
ensure appropriate cost distribution.
11. Act as facility manager for OIP office, including liaison with
landlord, procuring necessary maintenance and repairs.
12. Procure office supplies and training materials.
13. Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to: answer
and direct telephone calls, assist in office equipment operations,
assist in general housekeeping, etc
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by a person in this position.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job
duties that may be performed by such a person .
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required.
Experience: 2-5 years of accounting experience is required.
Experience with public school or governmental accounting is
Keywords: CLINTON COUNTY RESA, Lansing , OIP Fiscal Services Coordinator, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!