Company: Sparrow Health System
Location: Saint Johns
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Job ID: 33874 Positions Location: St. Johns, MI Job Description
General Purpose of Job:
Positions Location: St. Johns, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for the efficient and accurate preparation and
dispensation of medications and other pharmaceuticals according to
established operational and chemical procedures, and as prescribed
by physicians. Oversee and closely review the work of technical
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential
duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to
perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership
has the right to alter or modify the duties of the
- Performs and/or oversees retail aspect of the
- Greets customers, receives prescriptions, obtains patient
information, checks inventory, prepares product for dispensing and
dispenses, selects appropriate container, maintains clean and
organized work area, files prescriptions according to legal
requirements, identifies recipient, counsels customer, performs
financial transactions and uses computer to process prescription
- Performs day to day maintenance activities on computer
- Ordering of medications including C-II.
- Corrects errors in claims and resubmits them, reviews past due
accounts, places drug orders as delineated.
- Performs and/or oversees institutional aspects of the pharmacy
including, but not limited to, pharmacokinetic dosing,
anticoagulation dosing, renal dosing, and antimicrobial
- Receives, transcribes, processes physician orders.
- Prepares and maintains documentation related to patient care,
- Maintains inventory for nursing units, maintains controlled
- Oversees delivery of medication to nursing units per
- Able to pass IV additive training program, mixes IV solutions
and chemotherapy as required using aseptic technique with the
laminar flow hood or biological safety cabinet.
- Compounding and supervising the compounding of sterile,
non-sterile and hazardous medications up to and including
medium-risk compounding as defined by USP, USP and USP .
- Compounding caregivers adhere to the prescription or medical
order for the strength, quality and purity of compounding
preparations. Compounded products are packaged, labeled and
dispensed according to current laws and regulations.
- Conducts orientation for new employees.
- Handles consumer concerns, uses proper telephone etiquette,
follows instructions, demonstrates initiative and
- Exhibits self-confidence, resourcefulness, productive work
habits and cooperation with others.
- Performs clerical and housekeeping duties as needed.
- Accurately measures substances.
- Able to process prescriptions for medications with risk
evaluation and mitigation strategies (REMS)
- Able to follow regulations on sales of ephedrine and
Current license to practice as a pharmacist in the State of
Michigan. Current license to dispense control drugs in the State of
Previous retail pharmacy experience preferred. Experience as a
Bachelor's degree in pharmacy or PharmD.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Able to follow regulations on sales of ephedrine and
pseudoephedrine. High degree of concentration is necessary when
picking drugs for dispensing and typing directions. Able to pass IV
additive training program, if required.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health
Degree Type / Education Level
Sparrow Clinton Hospital
Under 4 Years
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Lansing , SCH PHARMACIST, Other , Saint Johns, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!