Company: Prime Searches
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionMaterials Planner Summary: The Materials Planner
will maintain processes and procedures which ensure accurate
inventory, accurate supplier releases, timely material receipts,
and 100% on-time delivery from the supply base while balancing
inventory levels against risk and transportation costs.
Materials Planner Responsibilities:
- Issue weekly, component releases to suppliers. Monitoring
accuracy, quantity, due date and the required lead -time is
- Monitor daily, the Supply Chain Coverage Report and Balance Due
Report and make necessary arrangements to ensure the on-time
delivery of material shipments.
- Maintain frequent contact with the suppliers regarding part
release information, weekly cum reconciliation and the resolution
of problems that may arise.
- Perform daily cycle counts of inventories and reconcile
- Responsible for inventory accuracy.
- Analyze MRP data to proactively identify issues that may affect
Supply Chain Performance Measures (such as Premium Freight, Part
Availability, Downtime, Packaging Shortages, etc.).
- Assist in conducting physical inventories as they may
- Establish Visual Inventory Parameters that will support the 5S
(storage, labeling, min/max) on the plant floor.
- Provide updates to KPI (Key Performance Indicators) in areas
that include (Inventory Valuation, Inventory DOH, Cycle Counts,
Inventory Accuracy and Premium Freight).
- Report any hot parts or supplier past due issues to
- Maintain Delivery Matrixes to the Receiving Department to
ensure timing and frequency of deliveries are tracked, coordinated
and communicated within the Material Handling Function.
- Responsible for balance-out claims and minimization of
- Provide Corrective Action Plans to any issues that are
adversely affecting Plant Performance Measures.
- Maintain daily contact with Domestic and International
Carriers, monitoring delivery performance to the final
- Involvement in different phases of New Product Launch
- Complies with all Company Safety policies, procedures and
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have recent experience in an Automotive Manufacturing
- Minimum of 3 years automotive materials planning
- In-depth working knowledge of MRP.
- Problem-solving abilities for operational problems, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills.
Keywords: Prime Searches, Lansing , Materials Planner, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!