Machine Operator I
Company: Neogen Corporation
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Come Be Part of a Mission that Matters!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Uses automated equipment to manufacture, assemble, or move
* Inspects parts/kits/products to ensure accuracy
* May work at different stations to ensure accuracy
* Maintains equipment and facilities
* Responsible for equipment preventative maintenance of specialized
and advanced equipment
* Perform tasks according to the appropriate Standard Manufacturing
Procedure (SMP) or Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
* Follow International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
guidelines in the manufacture of all reagents.
* Use good manufacturing procedures (GMP) and good documentation
practices (GDP) in the manufacture of all reagents.
* Participate in troubleshooting efforts pertaining to product
* Participate in product/process improvement of current products or
* Maintains the general cleanliness and organization of work areas
using lean processes and 5S
* Operation, maintenance, and calibration of basic equipment
necessary to perform job functions
* Adheres to any and all safety rules and regulations, including
personal protective equipment, proper use of equipment, proper
disposal of any and all materials etc.
* Plans and executes necessary preparatory processes for scheduled
manufacturing duties in advance
* Participates in the transfer of products from R&D and/or
Manufacturability Support to Manufacturing
* Proposes document updates and improvements
* Perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time, while
maintaining attention to detail
* Continually maintains and monitors machine to ensure it functions
* Aids in Supply Management
* Assist in physical inventories as required
* Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor and/or
* Comply with and promote all corporate handbook policies
* Comply with, promote, and strive to achieve all corporate and
* Comply with, promote, and strive to achieve all productivity,
quality, and behavior expectations.
The hours for this position are: Monday-Friday 3pm-11:30pm.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Education and Experience: High school education; or up to one-month
related experience or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
WHO IS NEOGEN:
From farm to fork, we offer solutions to enhance the quality,
quantity and safety of the global food supply. Our food safety
diagnostics are used within farming operations to the production
facilities of most of the world's best-known food companies.
Neogen's solutions are critical to the health and well-being of our
customers' operations - and in turn their consumers. What we do
Neogen's culture combines stability with a deep believe in
providing professional and personal growth. Our Pillars of Trust -
the principles which guide our everyday decision-making, include
Openness, Honesty, Credibility, Respect, and Service. It's the
belief in these characteristics that provide a consistent, happy
and healthy work environment for our employees.
Keywords: Neogen Corporation, Lansing , Machine Operator I, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!