RN Peds ICU
Company: Beaumont Health
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Be Extraordinary, Join Our Team!Beaumont is now offering a
$10,000 sign on bonus for this full-time, 12-hour Rotating position
for PedsICU.UNIT DESCRIPTION:5S PICU is an 8-bed Pediatric
Intensive Care Unit.The unit manages the care of those patients
under 25 who require intensive care.The diagnoses seen are multiple
traumas, shock, DKA, respiratory failure, drug overdose and
multiple organ failure.This unit also does all deep sedation for
pediatric procedures such as EGD, colonoscopy, LP, bone marrow
biopsy, PICC lines, thoracentesis, etc.ABOUT BEAUMONT: As the
largest not-for-profit health care system serving Michigan, we
offer a world of opportunity within our expansive system. We have
more nationally ranked hospitals than any other health system in
the state, including six that are Magnet-recognized. In total,
Beaumont has eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites that provide
diverse practice settings located in communities throughout
southeastern Michigan and the greater Detroit metropolitan area.
Our diverse and talented teams of professionals and clinicians dont
just share in the success of our system; they make it possible.
Driven by our shared commitment to making our communities healthier
and stronger, we are leading the way in health care innovation with
relentless ambition and a belief that anything is possible when we
work together.GENERAL SUMMARY:The Registered Nurse, under the ANA
scope of practice, utilizes the framework of the nursing process to
provide professional nursing care by incorporating patient-family
centered care principles. The Registered Nurse provides quality
patient care under the direction of the Nurse Leader according to
Beaumont policies and procedures.BENEFITS:Beaumont offers a
comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and
life-work balance goals.
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of
products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Savings & retirement plans, disability insurance, identify
theft protection and even home and auto insurance
- NEW On-demand pay program powered by Payactive
- Free parkingSTANDARD QUALIFICATIONS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training: Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD if not minimum
BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year
experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to
complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract
stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within
one (1) year of hire date and complete within the next three (3)
years. This is effective September 1, 2017.
Specialty Certification highly recommended after 2 years in
- Work Experience: Must have at least 1 year of RN experience.
Prefer previous Peds RNexperience.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license
in State of Michigan
- Other Qualifications: Current American Heart Association or
American Red Cross BLS for Healthcare Providers certification and
other certifications as required by department.
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into
account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring
peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
- Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family and partners in care.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.This document represents
the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job,
and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and
functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may
be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly
- Physical Effort:
- StrengthPosition requires ability to frequently push/pull up to
30 lb. objects with assist of others, occasional requires ability
to lift objects more than 50 lbs. with others, constantly lift
objects up to 20 lbs. And frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
- Manual DexterityPosition requires incumbent to constantly
perform simple motor skills such as standing, walking and simple
manipulative skills such as writing. Position requires incumbent to
frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as
- CoordinationPosition requires incumbent to constantly perform
gross body coordination such as walking. Frequently perform tasks
which require hand-eye coordination such as assisting patients to
eat, collections of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which
require arm-hand steadiness such as taking patients temps and
- MobilityPositions requires incumbent to constantly walk and
stand; occasionally sit for prolonged periods, frequently bend such
as when caring for a patient in bed.
- Visual Discrimination Positions requires incumbent to
constantly see objects far away as in driving and see close objects
such as reading thermometers.
- HearingPositions requires incumbent to constantly be able to
hear normal sound with some background noise as in answering
phone/intercom. Frequently be able to distinguish sound as in
- Work Environment:
- Employee may be frequently exposed to electro-magnetic
radiations as in VDTs. Occasionally exposed to hazardous material
other than blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins,
cytotoxons, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud
and/or unpleasant noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or
poisonous substances. Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue,
or fluids. Seldom exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease,
oil, and radiation.
- Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste
materials of hazardous medications.We are an Equal Opportunity
EmployerBeaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all
qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin,
sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital
status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally
protected category.Improve health, instill humanity and inspire
hope. Thats just the beginning of the difference you can make when
you join our team at Beaumont Health. This is where extraordinary
begins. Find out where it can take you and your career. Apply
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Lansing , RN Peds ICU, Other , Fowlerville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!