STCI-AMBULATORY SCHEDULING SPECIALIST
Company: Sparrow Health System
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Job ID:35181 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description
General Purpose of Job: Under
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Under the direction of the STCI HIM Ambulatory Supervisor, the
Ambulatory Scheduling Specialist's main objective is to schedule
and/or pre-register patients for STCI. Responsibilities include
scheduling patient appointments, providing pre-registration,
verification of insurance, obtaining insurance authorizations,
collecting patient payments and completing appropriate medical
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential
duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to
perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership
has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Interview patients for the purpose of scheduling and/or
pre-registration. Collect complete and accurate confidential
demographic and financial information to comply with regulatory
agencies and billing requirements.
- Assign appropriate ICD-10 for registration and billing
compliance purposes at the point of scheduling and
- Verify medical necessity check upon scheduling a
- Verify insurance eligibility and covered benefits by using all
electronic systems available or by phone.
- Answer telephones, direct calls and record and distribute
- Schedule clinical office visits and appointments.
- Schedule appropriate patient testing prior to office
- Reschedule appointments as needed.
- Monitor physician clinic schedule to ensure clinics are
adequately scheduled to maximize patient access.
- Explain billing/payment policies to patients.
- Check-out patients, collecting payment as needed.
- Collect and verify necessary insurance authorizations as
appropriate and possess knowledge of financial class requirements
regarding registration and insurance requirements. Prior to
arrival, document financial information in the accounts for billing
purposes and to ensure benefits are listed for point of service
- Collect payments for services that are not covered by the
- Operate multiple computer applications to register patients,
schedule appointments and retrieve surgical, testing, insurance and
- Communicate with providers (physicians, APPs, RNs) regarding
orders placed for patients.
- Serve as a liaison between STCI Cardiology Lansing Clinic and
other departments e.g. Patient Support Services, Patient Access,
SMG Referring physician offices, all hospital emergency departments
in order to obtain required data for appointments scheduled at
- Work exception accounts held internally or rejected by payers
for errors related to registration an financial clearance
Minimum of one year of multi physician office experience, medical
records, or equivalent job training. Cardiology experience
High school diploma or GED
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Medical terminology knowledge. Knowledge of computer systems,
programs and applications. Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard
as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Degree Type / Education Level
High School / GED
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Lansing , STCI-AMBULATORY SCHEDULING SPECIALIST, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!