Company: Tractor Supply
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Text TSC to 25000 to Apply
Must be at least 18 years of age.
This position is responsible for interacting with customers and
team members, supporting selling initiatives and performing
assigned tasks, while providing legendary customer service.
As a Team Member, it is essential that you be available, flexible,
adaptable and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all
of the the following requirements:
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied
hours, days, nights, weekends and overtime as dictated by business
- Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA):
- Greet the Customer
- Uncover the Customers' needs
- Recommend products
- Ask for the Sale
- Team Members are required to perform a combination of the
following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix
may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model
makes it essential that every Team Member be able to perform all of
the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a
regular basis and without advance notice:
- Operate cash register/computer following cash handling
procedures as established by Tractor Supply Company
- Recovery of merchandise
- Participate in mandatory freight process
- Complete Plan-o-gram procedures (merchandising, sets, and
- Assemble merchandisePerform janitorial duties
- Execute price changes/markdowns
- Operate Forklift
- Operate Cardboard Baler
- Assist customers with loading purchases
- Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job
- Team Members also may be required to perform other duties as
Experience: No experience required. Retail experience and/or
farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly
Education : A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but
not required. Regardless of education level, Team Members must be
able to read, write and count accurately.
Professional Certifications : None.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities :
- Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues
ethically and with minimal conflict.
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with
moderate noise. Indoor floors and outdoor lots generally are hard
surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are
adequate. Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather
- Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are
no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours.
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for Team Members
and customers and adhere to Company safety training and
Physical and Mental Requirements (Essential Functions):
The Team Member position is non-sedentary. It is essential that
Team Members have the physical and mental stamina and ability to
move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to
operate all equipment related to their job duties efficiently,
safely, properly and accurately; and to provide the highest level
of customer service. Team members must have the physical and mental
ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50
pounds, throughout the store.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with
the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend,
stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including
selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a
store (e.g. dolly, handtruck, forklift, baler, computer, cash
register) (forklift and baler requirements do not apply if under
the age of 18).
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer,
cash register, and other store equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication
skills to communicate effectively with team members and
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the
- Ability to successfully complete training and certification to
dispense propane, and to dispense propane (propane certification
and dispensing requirement does not apply if under the age of
- Ability to successfully complete all required training.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should
perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer
in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company
culture built on our Team Members' commitment to our Mission and
Values. With over 2,000 stores in 49 states and an innovative
e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 300 with
annual revenues of more than $12 billion and growing! Come grow
your career with us as we serve those who live "Life out Here"!
Click Here to See Why We are a Great Place to Work!
Tractor Supply Company offers a competitive Benefits package,
including Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Team
Members as well as Part-time Team Members who are deemed eligible
based on a minimum hours requirement. In addition, TSC offers
access to other Benefits such as a Health Savings Account, Life
Insurance, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.Required
Keywords: Tractor Supply, Lansing , Team Member, Other , Perry, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!