Company: Aria Nursing and Rehab
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Aria Nursing and Rehab - Job Description
To provide the best quality of life and engaging daily activities
to residents as a group or on an individual basis. Meeting
physically, socially, mentally, emotionally and spiritually and
needs of the residents. Present a safe, positive, caring and
professional image at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with planning, scheduling and implementing quality
- Create and maintain relationships with residents and their
- Prepare activity calendars and update activity/orientation
- Assist with resident's special events, outings, birthdays,
- Work with volunteers and actively seek new volunteers
- Encourage and motivate resident participation
- Maintain accurate record keeping.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome new residents and their families
- Resident's mail
- Keeping equipment functioning properly as needed.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Course work
or continuing education courses relating to field.
Prior work experience in activity/recreation field in geriatric
care. Specialized training specifically relating to job duties.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively with residents, staff, customers on a one-on-one
basis or in a group setting. Must be able to speak, read and write
using Basic English skills.
To perform all aspects of the job on a day-to-day basis you must be
able to lift up to 50lbs. physical work may include walking,
moving, standing, twisting, bending, stooping, carrying, pushing
and pulling for periods at a time.
Must be able to work in a team player environment, multi-task,
self-directed, flexible, detailed orientated person, and organized;
complete projects in a timely manner and follow through skills.
Must have a high level of communication skills to interact with
residents, families and staff. We are looking for 2 candidates to
fill a full time and part time role. Hours vary.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent. Prefer some
- Stable work history
- Be able to pass a Background check and drug screen.
- Must be comfortable working with individuals with diverse
- Flexible Availability
- Compassionate, Patient, and detail oriented skill sets.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
Keywords: Aria Nursing and Rehab, Lansing , Activities Assistant, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!