SMG- OBGYN MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Company: Sparrow Health System
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job ID:35338 Positions Location: Okemos, MI Job Description General
Purpose of Job:
Positions Location: Okemos, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for the efficient and effective processing of patients
through the clerical and clinical areas of the practice/clinic.
Under the general direction of the physician or advanced practice
provider, provides high quality, compassionate patient care.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential
duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to
perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership
has the right to alter or modify the duties of the
- Prepares patient for examination. Obtains vital signs and chief
complaint. Appropriately documents information obtained.
- Performs laboratory and diagnostic testing.
- Answers, screens and triages telephone calls. Takes accurate
messages and distributes to the appropriate personnel within the
guidelines of the practice.
- Schedules tests and referral appointments for
- Administers oral and injectable medication. Phones
prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Engages and helps promote patient/family teaching as
appropriate; and provides an educational environment for patients
and patient families.
- Works gaps in care registries to help improve the quality of
- Maintains all logs and required checks (i.e., refrigerator
temps, medications, oxygen, etc.)
- Maintains practice standards by participating in in-services,
committees, etc. May assist in developing and implementing quality
control and practice policies.
- Inventories, orders and restocks areas as necessary.
- Maintains and cleans equipment and environmental safety as
- Ability to provide clerical services and clinical services as
required to maintain an effective practice flow. Cross trained to
work both clerically and clinically.
* MA Certification preferred
* Specialty clinics may require six months specialty experience *
Relevant clinical experience within the past 5 years; if no
clinical experience, completion of medical assistant program in
past two years. * Previous work experience in medical office
setting preferred * Experience with an EMR preferred
* High school diploma or GED * Completion of an accredited medical
assistant program, including an externship OR a minimum of 5 years
of Sparrow medical assistant experience in a clinical capacity
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
* Ability to provide care for patients, which is age specific to
their physical and safety needs, psychosocial concerns and
educational level. * Necessary visual and auditory acuity required
to monitor patient's condition and operate department equipment *
Demonstrates a positive team attitude and has interpersonal skills
to effectively and appropriately communicate with clients, their
families, providers and co-workers. * Ability to work in an EMR
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Patient Services/Nursing Support
Degree Type / Education Level
High School / GED
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Lansing , SMG- OBGYN MEDICAL ASSISTANT, Other , Okemos, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!