Resident Caregiver (2nd shift)
Company: Gunnisonville Meadows Assisted Living
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*We currently have immediate openings on second and third shift,
we're also willing and capable of accepting students in need of
*Please call 517-331-5440 or 517-575-6021 for with any questions,
comments or concerns.*
*Title: Caregiver - Part-Time/ Full-Time*
Basic Function & Responsibility
To assist resident with activities of daily living by provide
health care services, personal care assistance, housekeeping tasks,
laundry services, and any other related support services essential
to resident's health and general well-being.
*Must be available nights, overnights and EVERY OTHER WEEKEND and
*Must have reliable transportation and be DEPENDABLE!*
*Prerequisites & Requirements*
* High school diploma or equivalent is desired.
* College students looking for facility hours
* Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) is desired but not required.
* Current Certification in CPR or successful completion of CPR
during the orientation
* Successful completion of LTC or Acute nurse aide training.
period (first month of employment) is required.
* Current up to date TB test with a negative result is
* Previous work experience as a nurse attendant or health care aide
is helpful and desirable. (Helpful but not needed)
* Significant health care work experience may suffice in lieu of
participation in a CNA program.
_Special Requirements: _
* After receiving an offer of employment by GMSAL, the employee
* A Physical performed by a physician that states the employee is
physical fit to
perform the necessary task.
* Obtain a test for tuberculosis. This is required for initial
annually thereafter. If an applicant or employee test positive for
tuberculosis as a result of a required test, GMSAL is under no
obligation to pay for follow up medical procedures or medical
* Applicant must exhibit a sense of responsibility, compassion,
emotional and mental
stability and maturity, and a cheerful disposition.
* Applicant needs basic communication skills. The ability to read
and write is required.
* Applicant must indicate a willingness to learn and attend all
initial in-service training
sessions to be completed within the initial 20 working days.
* Applicant must attend and participate in all orientation programs
and fulfill all the
requirements satisfactorily to assure competency within the initial
20 working days.
* Applicant must demonstrate the ability to follow directions
* Applicant must be able to effectively interact using tact and
discretion, with residents,
visitors, and staff of all organizational levels.
* Applicant must exhibit a genuine interest in the care of older
* Applicant must be honest and a criminal record search must yield
an acceptable outcome.
* At least 2 references from previous employers should be provided
* Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
* Good physical health is essential. The job requires significant
physical effort in assisting residents in transferring, ambulating
and other activities of daily living. In the event of a fall by a
resident, the resident may need to be lifted by the employee.
Digital and hand dexterity, crouching, reaching, walking, standing,
stooping, pushing, grasping, pulling and repetitive motion will be
necessary in carrying out the duties and responsibilities for
resident care meal time responsibilities, laundry and housekeeping
services. Good visioning hearing acuity are necessary to detect
changes in a resident's condition.
Job Type: Part-time/ Full-time
* 1758 E. Clark Rd. Lansing, MI (main campus)
* 1816 E. Clark Rd. Lansing, MI (east campus)
No experience required, will do on site hands on training. : )
Come join our team.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: starting at $13.00 & up based on experience
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
If you are not vaccinated we require weekly testing. And we require
you to wear a mask your entire shift.
* CPR Certification (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Gunnisonville Meadows Assisted Living, Lansing , Resident Caregiver (2nd shift), Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!