Automotive Service Advisor
Company: LaFontaine Buick GMC
Posted on: March 19, 2023
AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE ADVISORAre you interested in joining a
growing business that is committed to family, promotes employees
from within, is Passionate about protecting the environment, has an
inspiring company culture, and is actively involved with the
community and local charities? If so, this opportunity might be for
you!THE POSITION: The Service Advisor is responsible for scheduling
service work in the service department and for selling additional
services to customers.THE PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Discounts on Sales and Service
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid
Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Pet Insurance)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D,
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident
Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Holiday Savings Program with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday PaySkills & Qualifications:
- Problem Solving
- Documentation and Repair Order Entry
- Solid knowledge of computers and proficient in web
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused.
- Ability to overcome objections.
- Positive Attitude
- Team Player
- Excellent communication skills.Education and Experience:
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and
- Professional personal appearance.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 years or more experience.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) rating as set by
- Maintain the prescribed standard for "hours per customer repair
- Greet customers in a timely, friendly, and professional manner.
Let customers who are waiting know that they will be helped soon.
Communicate with customer to determine the nature of their
mechanical problem(s). Obtain accurate customer and vehicle
- Test-drive vehicle as necessary.
- Advise customers on the care of their cars and the value of
maintaining their vehicles in accordance with the manufacturers'
- Lift the hood of every vehicle and look underneath for
potential additional repair needs.
- If additional work is needed, clearly explain the exact repair
instructions, making a special note of the main reason(s) the
customer brought the vehicle in. Repair orders must be
- Notify dispatcher of incoming work.
- Provide estimates for labor and parts. If the cost of service
cannot be established during reception, leave open and contact the
customer later for approval.
- Establish each customer's method of payment. Obtain approval of
credit, if necessary.
- Obtain customer's signature on repair order; provide customer
with a copy.
- Follow up progress of each repair order during the day. Contact
customer by telephone regarding any changes in the estimate of time
promised. Record changes on repair order in the approved
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding work in process and
- Compare final invoice with original repair order.
- Analyze quality control report to ensure that work is completed
as requested to reduce comebacks.
- Deliver vehicle to customer and answer any questions.
- Maintain follow up program on additional items found in need of
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with
customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Ensure that work areas and customer waiting areas are kept
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to stand, talk, and hear.
- Frequently is required to walk and sit.
- Is potentially exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.THE
COMPANY:Founded in 1980 by Michael Sr. and Maureen LaFontaine, the
award-winning and nationally-recognized LaFontaine Automotive Group
includes 54 retail franchises, 10 collision centers and 33 Michigan
retail locations. The group employs nearly 2,300 individuals. It's
the mission of the LaFontaine Family to personalize the automotive
experience by building lifelong relationships that connect families
and strengthen communities. The LaFontaine commitment to customers,
staff, and local communities is demonstrated by active
participation and contributions to numerous non-profit
organizations, educational institutions, and charities throughout
southeast Michigan. The combination of both the mission and core
values provides the basic foundation of our promise --- to treat
every customer like they are members of our family. From sales to
service to parts, LaFontaine Automotive Group is able to meet any
customer's specific needs. LaFontaine represents the following
brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Fiat,
Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, KIA, Lincoln, Mazda, RAM, Polestar,
Subaru, Toyota, Volvo, and Volkswagen. The LaFontaine Family Deal;
it's not just what you get, it's how you feel. Visit
www.familydeal.com for additional details.Our Mission: To Build
Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen
Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience.Our Core
Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication,
Teamwork, Passion.LaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal
Keywords: LaFontaine Buick GMC, Lansing , Automotive Service Advisor, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...