SSH-RESPIRATORY THERAPIST - RRT
Company: Sparrow Health System
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Job ID:34665 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description
General Purpose of Job: A respiratory
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
A respiratory therapist provides professional respiratory therapy
services for a variety of routine and advanced forms of respiratory
therapy for the diagnosis, treatment, and care of patients with
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential
duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to
perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership
has the right to alter or modify the duties of the
- Develops plan of care based on assessment data and standards
ofcare for patient.
- Develops and implements individualized patient/family
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Administers therapies as ordered by physician according
totraining and experience.
- Sets up, maintains and monitors mechanical ventilation
systemaccording to patient needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of unit specific equipment
andappropriate supplies used to deliver the highest quality patient
- Performs routine respiratory therapy equipment
maintenance,cleaning/sterilization and ensures environmental
- Documents and communicates all patients concerns during shift.
May accept and documentphysician telephone orders for respiratory
- Manages a safe environment.
- Draws arterial blood gases according to hospital policies and
- Interprets arterial blood gases and oximetry results.
- Runs EKGs.
- Transports patients who have respiratory needs.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of
quality improvement activities within department, health system
- Compliance with Infection Control Standards,
includingStandard/Universal Precautions, Hand Hygiene and Personal
- Demonstrates knowledge and respects patient, service provider,
organizational confidentiality andHIPAA Security procedures and
protocols as defined under the HIPAA Privacy and Security
- Follows establishedHIPAA privacy procedures when using and/or
disclosing protected health information.
- Maintains and protects patients rights under the HIPAA Privacy
- Completes occurrencereports as necessary.
- Attendance at weeklyInterdisciplinary Team Meeting.
- Takes telephone orders from physicians per policy using "Read
- Participates in theaccreditation process.
- Carries pager duringworking hours.
- Covers respiratory needs of St. Lawrence Campus as needed.
National Board Registered. Active State of Michigan Respiratory
Therapist License BCLS credentialed.
Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Possesses the ability to define problems, collect data, establish
facts and draw valid conclusions. Possesses thorough working
knowledge of anatomy, general medical conditions and therapist
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health
Degree Type / Education Level
Sparrow Specialty Hospital
Under 4 Years
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Lansing , SSH-RESPIRATORY THERAPIST - RRT, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!