Physical Modelling and Simulation Intern - On-the-Job Experience!
Company: Applied Research Associates, Inc.
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Ideal opportunity for students pursuing their undergraduate degree to gain real-life experience in Computational Sciences at BerrieHill Research Division of Applied Research Associates in Lansing, MI. Candidates should live within a 50-mile radius when applying for this position.
Physical Modelling and Simulation Interns will have the opportunity to work within the Computational Physical Sciences (CPS) team to:
* Design, implement, and/or optimize numerical algorithms and computational software
* Profile and optimize scientific applications to run faster on supercomputers
* Learn about and implement numerical methods including linear algebra and solving large matrix systems
* Verify and validate computational software and algorithms
* Compile & evaluate test data, prepare technical analysis, and recommend methods & processes required to meet objectives
* Utilize Computational Electromagnetics (CEM) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software to analyze electromagnetic wave scattering/radiation and fluid dynamics phenomena
Physical Modelling and Simulation Intern Requirements:
* Two years of university education towards an engineering, physics, math, computer science, or related discipline in Math, Computer Science (CS), or Electrical Engineering (EE)
* Some scientific computing experience using MATLAB, Python, or C/C++
* Courses in numerical analysis, numerical linear algebra, or vector calculus
* Excellent analytical and math skills
* Strong team skills
* Must be U.S. citizen
Physical Modelling and Simulation Intern Preferences:
* Some experience working in Linux environments
* Aptitude for programming or computer science
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1200 professionals. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company's success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, "Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit" sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com.
All candidates should apply at www.careers.ara.com for the Computational Intern position [COMPU02367].
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.",
Description: University coursework towards an engineering, physics, math, computer science, or related discipline
Keywords: Applied Research Associates, Inc., Lansing , Physical Modelling and Simulation Intern - On-the-Job Experience!, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!