Mechanical Engineering Construction Specialist
Company: Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc.
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Position: -- Mechanical Engineering Construction Specialist
Location: -- Lansing, MI
Job Id: -- 301
# of Openings: -- 1
Mechanical Engineering Construction SpecialistLocation:--
This exciting and challenging opportunity is available for a
full-time dynamic mechanical engineering candidate to work in our
Novi office. This position requires working closely with
contractors, FTCH and outside design engineers, clients, and other
team members. The selected candidate will be responsible for
leading commissioning projects, including project commissioning
meetings on site with clients and contractors, HVAC system
installation observation, systems test development and execution,
and document preparation.-- Additional responsibilities include
--general construction phase coordination (familiarity with
construction documents and overseeing implementation during
construction) and observation of Plumbing, HVAC, boiler, chiller,
and control systems in a variety of facilities. During construction
phase, there will be shop drawing submittal review and site
inspections with regional travel required. Assistance with start-up
and trouble-shooting skills are also required.Tasks Performed
The MEP Construction Engineer Specialist will assure commissioning
and construction projects are carried out effectively and
efficiently and represent the Firm during the construction phase.
He/she will be responsible for administration of the contract
agreement and contractors while performing the tasks required
within the agreement.
Competencies and Skills:
- Good communication and client management skills
- Conduct necessary field investigations and observations,
prepare concise reports and distribute in a timely manner.
- Ensure conformance to construction drawings (On-Site.)
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Strong mechanical/technical engineering knowledge.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software, e.g.,
Microsoft Excel and Word. Essential Functions
- Participate in all aspects of the commissioning process and
construction process including:
- Lead commissioning projects and perform commissioning tasks,
- Construction observations, review of contract documents and
- Develop commissioning checklists, functional tests, and work
with contractors for a variety of HVAC and controls systems.
- Interpret results of functional testing.
- Prepare commissioning reports, and communicate results of
- Participate in the construction process including attending and
leading project progress meetings, reviewing submittals, responding
to RFIs, assisting with processing of changes to the contract
documents, field visits and completion of field reports. Minimum
Occasionally exposed to light lifting, sitting, and walking. Will
have normal office working conditions and be required to use a
computer. Capable of traveling to and from project sites for
attending client and project meetings. Ability to access project
sites for observation, investigation, and evaluation. Ability to
use various technical equipment for communication and documentation
purposes. Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.Desired
Associates or Bachelors in Engineering Technology, HVACR
Technology, or Mechanical EngineeringDesired Job Experience
- 5+ years of related experience in HVAC systems.
- Commissioning experience is a plus.
- A mechanical contractor's license is a plus.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD or Revit is a plus.
- Understanding of construction documents including drawings,
specifications and contracts.
- Prior service technician experience will be considered. We are
an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran
Keywords: Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc., Lansing , Mechanical Engineering Construction Specialist, Other , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!