Lansing Production Worker - Part Time
Company: General Motors
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job DescriptionManufacturing - Production Worker - Temporary
Part TimeProduction Team Members are hardworking and ambitious
workers who are responsible for assembly,machining, quality checks,
tool changes, and problem solving of manufacturing processes and
equipment. Team members are also functioning in a manufacturing
team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles
are highly integrated.
- Starting wage is $16.67 per hour. Holiday pay and health care
options after 90 days.Work Requirements:Must be able to perform
each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below represent the essential knowledge, skill, ability
and/or physical demands required. Additional or different
requirements may exist in this role.
- Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner and
contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding
- Perform a variety of duties, including bench, floor, or
conveyor assembly work involving standardized work elements.
- Use computerized equipment and engage in activities such as
machine resets and quality checks.
- Perform predictive, preventive, and reactive maintenance
activities on all equipment in assigned work area.
- Read, comprehend, and follow written, standardized work
instructions and trained procedures.
- Work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Learn new tasks and adapt to frequent job duty changes as
required by business and manpower demands.
- Complete tasks within designated timeframes to meet production
- Work in a dynamic and fast-paced manufacturing plant
- Regularly report for work on time to support production startup
and throughput goals.
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Specific
physical requirements of the position include the ability to:
- Walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Read standardized work instructions, operate machines and
tools, and perform quality inspections.
- Promptly detect and respond to safety instructions, alarms, and
- Wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety
glasses, gloves, hats, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
- Work in a loud manufacturing environment that is not climate
controlled (conditions can be hot or cold).
- Frequently and repetitively:
- Bend, twist, kneel, crouch and reach to perform work.
- Lift or carry materials weighing up to 15 pounds and
periodically carry or lift materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Use hand positioning to grip/grasp devices such as hoists and a
wide range of power and vibrating tools or other equipment.
- Occasionally sit, climb (including ladders and lifts) and drive
vehicles and equipment.Additional Job DescriptionAdditional Job
- These are temporary positions working as a direct employee of
- Candidates must be willing to work any shift
- Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available
with little notice.
- Weekend and holiday shifts are regularly expected, but not
continuouslyInterested individuals must meet the following minimum
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors
hiring process requirements which includehair drug testing and a
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Good English proficiency to listen, read, and follow work and
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day,
afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts
with little noticeDiversity InformationGeneral Motors is committed
to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but
one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly
believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which
our employees can thrive and develop better products for our
customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which
people gain experiences whether through professional, personal,
educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer.We encourage interested candidates to review
the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any
positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment
Opportunity StatementsThe policy of General Motors is to extend
opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal
basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex,
religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors
is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including
individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable
accommodation to assist with your job search or application for
employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your
email, please include a description of the specific accommodation
you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number
of the position for which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors, Lansing , Lansing Production Worker - Part Time, Professions , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!