Production Supervisor I
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Barnes Aerospace Lansing Division has an exciting career
opportunity for a dynamic goal-oriented individual to play an
integral role in manufacturing operations. The right candidate will
be responsible for supervising and coordinating the employees
engaging in machining and producing precision and complex parts to
meet customer requirements. If you are a motivated individual who
thrives in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, this position
may be of special interest to you.\nCore Responsibilities: -
- Supervises and coordinates the workers engaged in machining and
producing precision and complex parts to meet schedules for the
various operations supporting customer requirements.
- Performance management, interviewing and selection of
prospective employees. Maintains time and production records.
- Responsible for respective consumable spending, delivery
metrics, capacity planning, risk assessment, Total Productive
Maintenance (TPM), and Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE).
- Meets or exceeds production and quality requirements for the
- Drives continuous improvement via BES (Barnes Enterprise
System) principles and practices.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
Ensures equipment is operated and maintained per TPM
- Anticipates and troubleshoots problems with orders and/or
equipment. Collaborates with other production supervisors and cross
functional team members for resolution.
- Ensures that established policies, rules, and procedures are
followed and enforces safety regulations.
- Coordinates production efforts with supervision and other
shifts or business units to ensure a smooth transition.
- Anticipates and resolves the problems based on what is best for
the customer and the division.
- Acts with integrity and the highest ethical behavior
demonstrating Barnes' Values. Balances consistency with flexibility
and willingness to adapt to new ideas in the face of new
information. Qualifications: -
- 1-3 years of experience in a supervisory or lead position.
Aerospace manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to motivate or
inspire the team to drive and achieve key operating
- Strong Computer skills with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Experience with ERP systems desired.
- Excellent communication and proven positive employee relations
skills. Education Requirements:
- BA or BS in technical field preferred; or equivalent work
experience. We offer: A comprehensive benefits package, including
medical, dental, vision, short & long term disability, life
insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, floating holidays, 401(k)
w/ match, employee stock purchase option & much more! At Barnes
Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which
all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their
skills and professional growth to support our business
Keywords: Barnes, Lansing , Production Supervisor I, Professions , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!