Material Handler - Second Shift
Company: Dowding Industries
Location: Eaton Rapids
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionTitle: Material Handler Status: Full-time,
Non-exemptManages Others: NoReports to: Plant ManagerTravel:
NoneAbout UsSince 1965, Dowding has grown from a tool and die
manufacturer to a leading edge, world-class manufacturer of metal
stampings, fabrication, precision machined components, and
assemblies. We capitalize on our rich manufacturing history and
utilize Michigan's engineering expertise to provide our customers
the competitive advantage needed in today's markets. At Dowding
Industries, we utilize only the latest advanced processing methods
and assembly technologies to deliver tomorrow's solutions, today.
Producing parts for automotive, railcar, defense and infrastructure
sectors as well, we are helping bring Michigan back to the
forefront of manufacturing! Dowding Industries is firmly committed
to providing products and services which in all ways meet or exceed
our customer's requirements for delivery, quality and
value.Position SummaryManually or using fork truck to move
materials, supplies, and unfinished/finished goods to designated
places in the facility or onto semi-trucks.Responsibilities
- Manually load raw material or finished product on skid or fork
- Manually handle semi-truck docks; open and/or close doors and
prepare trucks for shipment.
- Stack skids and pallets in designated areas. Clean up and
dispose of scrap bracing, cardboard, or other material in proper
containers in designated areas.
- Move fixtures into place and back in storage.
- Use tools such as hammers and crowbars to remove strapping,
open crates, and material.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the
companys discretion.RequirementsMinimum Qualifications
- Work involves varying degrees of precision and control where
damage could be considerable. As such, care and attention to detail
- Previous fork truck experience required.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful
- Ability to read and understand basic to complex
- Ability to recover from, or adjust to, misfortune or
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Standing, walking, lifting, pulling and pushing, carrying,
grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, color determination,
near acuity, speaking, listening
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Physical RequirementsWork Environment
- This work position is required to work in a manufacturing
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; toxic or caustic
chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
particles; extreme heat (non-weather) and vibration.
BenefitsDowding Industries, Inc. Offers a Competitive Total
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage (including
spouse or domestic partner and children)
- Medical flexible spending account
- Life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability
- 401(k) retirement program
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Keywords: Dowding Industries, Lansing , Material Handler - Second Shift, Professions , Eaton Rapids, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!