Company: Carter Lumber
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionA Carter Lumber Forklift Operator/Yard Specialist
is responsible for providing professional customer service to
contractors and do-it-yourselfers by loading customers, building
loads and assisting with maintenance of an efficient and clean
lumber yard. This is accomplished by assisting customers in
selecting and loading items they have purchased along with
gathering materials to be delivered. Inventory control, product
knowledge and organization skills are all components of this
position. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company
are necessary to this position.Requirements to be Considered for
- Previous experience in a customer service environment
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Familiarity with building materials is helpful
- Ability to participate effectively as a team member
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and
holidaysResponsibilities of the Position:Customer Service:
- Meets and greets contractors and do-it-yourselfers while
providing exceptional customer service by assisting with the
selection and loading of materials.
- Accurately pulls and stages materials to be picked up or
delivered to ensure schedules are met.Store Operations:
- Contributes to maintaining the inventory in the yard by
conducting cycle counts, keeping the yard organized, ensuring the
correct material is shipped and received.
- Follows all policies and procedures in the yard including
sales, inventory and safety.
- Properly uses and maintains all equipment.Knowledge & Training:
- Identifies personal growth needs and learning
- Completes required orientation and safety training.
- Commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedures
and more.Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) PlanPowered by JazzHRTuHuvrc7WM
Keywords: Carter Lumber, Lansing , Forklift Operator, Professions , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!