Quality Assurance - Fresh/Food Safety
Posted on: June 24, 2022
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work
at Meijer, you're provided with career and community opportunities
centered around leadership, personal growth and development.
Consider joining our family - take care of your career and your
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Ensures that all Meat, Seafood and Fresh Produce distributed within
our supply chain meets or exceeds Meijer quality standards and
regulatory grading requirements. Works collaboratively with the
Buying Office, through the inspection of incoming and outbound
loads at the distribution facility, working with warehouse staff on
product rotation, and creating weekly recaps and period end
assessment reports. Trains, coaches and audits DF audit teams in
execution of inspection SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
What You'll Be Doing:
- Train and coach DF auditors on proper inspection
- Audit DF auditors on inspection SOPs (Standard Operating
- Review all fresh product quality issues observed by DF auditors
and make the decision either to accept or reject fresh product
based upon USDA and Meijer standards.
- Partner with the Meat and Produce Buying Teams to address
product quality concerns that may require rejection.
- Inspect and evaluate all inbound produce, meat and seafood
- Ensure that fresh commodities meet or exceed Meijer
specifications and standards for quality and temperature control,
as well as, USDA requirements for quality.
- Ensure that banana specifications are met on a daily basis
prior to shipments leaving the DF.
- Utilizes product quality test equipment to verify fresh product
meets minimum government requirements and Meijer
- Report inspection observations to DF Leadership; help
facilitate corrective actions.
- Audit the fresh DF in accordance with FDA cGMP guidelines, the
DF Food Safety Plan as it pertains to the Preventive Control Rule,
and the DF Seafood HACCP plan.
- Identify and communicate to auditors produce seasonal trends as
related to quality.
- Perform recall effectiveness checks as required.
- Develop collaborative and effective relationships with all
levels of DF leadership and buying teams.
- Provide quality assessments that analyze and compare fresh
produce, meat and seafood supplier products against Meijer
expectations and standards and report findings to the buying team
and DF leadership.
- Utilize quality software programs to assist buying team in
assessing potential supplier charge-backs for product that does not
meet Meijer standards.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the
responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as
assigned or required.
What You Bring With You (Qualifications):
- Associates degree preferred
- HACCP and SafeMark Food Safety certification a plus, but not
- 2+ years of produce and or meat and seafood, knowledge of
products, and/or 3 years of experience in a quality assurance
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- USDA familiarity/knowledge preferred.
- PC Skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Ability to Multitask; must be able to organize time efficiently
and make decisions based on factual findings.
- Self-motivated and able to work in an unstructured work
- Ability to influence and train others and achieve necessary
- Quality Assurance is a 7 day operation; must be able to work on
weekends and holidays or as needed
Keywords: Meijer, Lansing , Quality Assurance - Fresh/Food Safety, Professions , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!