Licensed Veterinary Technician
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Overview:Mission Veterinary Partners has an opportunity for a
Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our team in Okemos, MI!
Location: Okemos, MIShift Details: Full time, rotating weekends
$2500.00 Signing Bonus!
Come join a growing team in Okemos! We offer competitive, industry
leading pay, benefits, and development opportunities for
technicians. Interested in hearing more about awesome career
opportunities? Apply today and tell us what YOU are looking
Job Summary: The Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) provides
leadership and training to the medical support staff in the
operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital
policy and procedures, and provides medical care to patients as
allowed in the veterinary practice act. The LVT will be able to
communicate effectively with team members and clients and have
great attention to detail and organizational
abilities.Responsibilities:How you'll make an impact:
- Maintain and uphold Core Values and Mission Statement of MVP.
- Provide guidance to the support staff to assure that the shift
- Mentor team members for career advancement and personal
development towards goals.
- Provide input to the hospital manager for 360-degree employee
- Provide patient care under the supervision and direction of a
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related
information in the patient record accurately with appropriate
grammar, terms, and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions
- Answer client's inquiries about basic animal care questions and
routine procedures; handle client's medical questions with
confidence and direct to veterinarians when
appropriate.#IND123Qualifications:Required Knowledge, Skills and
- State Department of Regulation Licensing required.
- 1+ Years of Veterinary industry experience required.
- Must be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not
limited to laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and
- Ability to demonstrate patience and composure in stressful
situations, and ability to handle a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stay calm and efficient during a medical
- Ability to give SQ, IM and IV injections.
- Knowledge of usage, dosage, and common side-effects for
commonly used prescription drugs and ability to readily explain
them to the clients.
- Knowledge of the common anesthesia and recovery states and
ability to alert veterinarians when symptoms change or when
concerns arise with hospitalized patients.
- Ability to properly extubate, monitor temperature and recover a
patient from anesthesia.
- The employee must have mental processes for reasoning,
remembering, mathematics, and language ability (reading, writing,
and speaking the English language) to perform the duties
- The employee must be confident around pets.
We put people first and never compromise on our values.Apply today
for immediate consideration!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees.
Keywords: Mission Veterinary Partners, Lansing , Licensed Veterinary Technician, Professions , Okemos, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!