Company: Tecomet, Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Production Supervisor oversees the shop floor
production operations and is responsible for day-to-day management
of production activities at the direction of the Operations
Manager. In addition, the production supervisor supervises, trains,
and mentors a team of operators and is responsible for the
performance of defined product lines. Sets a good example for
others to follow. The role requires the above to be accomplished
within Tecomet's principles of continuous improvement,
customer-driven innovation and a win-first culture, while meeting
company financial and other performance metrics.Essential Duties
- Responsible for understanding the Tecomet Quality Management
System (QMS). Effectively maintains the quality system.
- Knows follows and enforces all safety requirements.
- Supervises a team of employees to meet or exceed defined
Quality requirements and Productivity goals.
- Promotes a healthy team environment, disciplines appropriately
rewards extraordinary performance and resolves conflicts quickly
- Works with underperforming team members on improvement
- Responsible for adhering to the production schedule using
- Works closely to hold all Production team members accountable
for meeting performance standards and expectations.
- Exercises excellent judgment and initiative in resolving
- Capable of managing the start-up, operation, adjustment to
proper parameters, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and
cleaning of the equipment.
- Promotes a continuous improvement culture.
- Exercises flawless documentation practices.
- Ability to speak and understand the English language.
- Facilitates routine troubleshooting, with support resources as
- Oversees accuracy in production reporting and payroll
- Must be flexible with work schedule.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as
assigned by supervisor. QualificationsEducational/Training
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2+ years production supervisor experience
- 5+ years related Industrial experience, education and/or
training. High Precision machining experience preferred. Medical
device or aerospace experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of EN ISO 13485 preferred.
- N/AKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills required, including email, Epicor E10
MES/ERP, and QC-Calc.
- A high level of initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sets good examples for others; good role model.
- Ensures that all details of a task are accomplished
- Recognizes initiates and leads improvement activities.
- Contributes to the development of the department.
- Supports new ideas and helps to implement them.
- Considers the impact on the customer when making
- Willingly shares skills and knowledge.
- Effectively gives and receives feedback.
- Identifies and reports quality concerns.
- Conducts work in a clean, organized, and professional
- Works well as a member of the team.
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgmentEqual
Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / Protected Veterans /
Disabilities Drug-Free Workplace1st Shift
Keywords: Tecomet, Inc., Lansing , Production Supervisor, Professions , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!