Supply Chain Material Planner - Manufacturing
Company: The Shyft Group
Posted on: September 20, 2022
This position is responsible for managing schedules, due date
performance of suppliers and
controlling inventory levels
- Manage assigned parts and their respective suppliers, including
all problem resolutions.
- Develop suppliers in regard to improving their delivery
- Coordinate engineering changes and build schedules with
suppliers and production to meet customer expectations while
minimizing surplus exposure on a regular basis.
- Analyze MRP daily/weekly to produce supplier releases.
- Launch, schedule, defer, expedite and cancel purchase orders to
maintain inventory levels.
- Monitor and update supplier lead-times.
- Monitor and assure suppliers receive and understand
expectations of weekly reports.
- Obtains realistic delivery dates on shortages and follows up as
- Proactively confirms delivery/schedules against orders and take
action if necessary.
- Monitors shortage reports and collects firm tracking and
expected delivery timing.
- Validates and performs root cause analysis for missed
- Assist with processing material requisitions from internal
personnel for part or repair of part, equipment or special
- Work with Purchasing, Finance and the vendor(s) to help
determine and implement appropriate inventory levels, minimum order
requirements, economic order quantities, delivery offsets and
supplier lead times.
- Assist in all inventory activities.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3 to 5 years Prior material planning experience in a
manufacturing setting (procurement of items side)
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing multiple projects and
people to be able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of individuals
at all organizational levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with
- Strong organizational/priority planning, problem-solving, and
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Ability to follow established procedures plus assist to create
& implement process improvements.
- Experience in building and leading cross-functional teams.
About The Shyft Group
The Shyft Group (NASDAQ: SHYF) is North America's leader in
specialty vehicle manufacturing, assembly and upfit for the
commercial, retail and service specialty vehicle markets.
The Shyft Group and our brands are as driven as our associates.
Every person behind our badge is given the tools they need to make
a positive contribution to the company, their community, and their
families. Across eight go-to-market brands, in ten states and two
countries, we have over 3,000 dedicated employees working as one to
lead with innovation, ingenuity, and a dedication to quality
The Shyft Group rebranded in 2020 to reflect a new focus on
high-growth end markets to help ensure long-term profitable growth.
Our name and renewed focus reflect the action, speed, and agility
we offer the commercial vehicle industry through our growing roster
of brands - Utilimaster , Royal Truck Body , DuraMag , Strobes-R-Us
, Spartan RV Chassis , and Builtmore Contract Manufacturing .
Keywords: The Shyft Group, Lansing , Supply Chain Material Planner - Manufacturing, Professions , Mason, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!