Building Maintenance Technician
Company: Lansing Entertainment & Public Facilities Authorit
Posted on: September 20, 2022
LANSING ENTERTAINMENT AND PUBLIC FACILITIES AUTHORITY
POSITION TITLE: Building Maintenance Tech (Building Engineer)
POSITION REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Maintenance Manager
LOCATION: Lansing Center
POSITION SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
STATUS: Full-time, Non-Exempt
COMPENSATION : Hourly
The Building Engineer is responsible for the repair and maintenance
of LEPFA facilities, equipment, infrastructure and grounds to
ensure that the services and facilities are in safe and exceptional
working condition in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
The Building Engineer performs maintenance and repair tasks in
order to ensure the maintenance and improvement of the overall
appearance and integrity of the facilities, grounds, building
structures and systems in order to provide a superior experience at
LEPFA properties/facilities and at all LEPFA
sponsored/managed/produced events and properties.
ESSENTIAL ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs work of skilled maintenance personnel engaged in, but
not limited to, carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing,
structural, HVACR and building systems in the maintenance, repair,
and construction on Authority properties, and
sponsored/managed/produced events and equipment.
2. Assists in maintaining a safe environment free of harassment for
all employees and comply with all LEPFA policies, applicable
OSHA standards and local, state, and federal laws including the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
3. Develop, maintain, coordinate and act as a liaison with outside
organizations, vendors, city departments, private firms,
Owners, clients and operational service contractors who frequently
service our facilities, equipment, or events.
4. Assists with directing the work activities of part-time, on-call
Building Engineers in the absence of Maintenance Manager.
5. Able to accurately use blueprints, schematics and/or
construction specifications to properly identify, maintain and
repair facilities, equipment, tools and machinery.
6. Maintain working knowledge and skill level of present and future
technology as it relates to technical building maintenance.
7. Maintain working knowledge of all facilities' tools, machinery
and equipment in good operating and safe condition.
8. Utilizes inventory control procedures for tools, machinery and
9. Complete a maintenance work order for repairs. Maintain
designated supply and equipment storage areas in a neat and orderly
10. Assists in the training of departmental personnel in accordance
with established organizational and departmental guidelines and
11. Assists with regular inspections and review of facility
equipment and shares findings and observations with the
Manager to assist in maintaining a superior level of facility
function, polish, and efficiency.
12. Review and recommend equipment, materials and supplies required
to perform and provide maintenance related job functions.
13. Assists in the hands-on training of maintenance department
personnel in accordance with established organizational and
departmental guidelines and procedures.
14. Responsible for ensuring safe operating condition of all
facilities' tools, machinery, equipment, methods and materials
related to the Operations Department and LEPFA's facilities
15. Assist in maintaining maintenance department filing system and
records to ensure that required documentation has been acquired for
the repair and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
16. Participate in committees and meetings as assigned.
17. Responsible for accurate use of computer terminal to process
work orders, reports, shift reports and maintain temperature
control system throughout LEPFA facilities.
18. Knowledge of commercial building and trades skills, including
but not limited to, planning, organization, leadership and customer
service best practices.
19. Responsible for the general maintenance and repair of
facilities and equipment.
20. Responsible for proper use and wearing of safety equipment and
operating all equipment within manufacturer's guidelines.
21. Adheres to departmental dress code.
22. Responsible for visually and audibly checking at all times for
possible hazards and equipment malfunctions.
23. Develop, maintain, coordinate and act as liaison with outside
organizations, vendors, city departments, private firms and clients
and operational services contractors who frequently service LEPFA
facilities equipment and/or events.
24. Knowledge of general and preventative maintenance and repair of
facilities, equipment and building management system.
25. Position requires irregular schedules, including evenings,
weekends and holidays.
26. Maintain communication channels with all internal departments
and operations as needed.
27. Knowledge and adherence to all LEPFA administrative policies,
procedures, rules and programs as well as the same for the
28. Performs all other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Knowledge of recycling materials and organization
2. Familiar with the Greater Lansing Region for improved
3. Responsible for researching new innovations, improvements in
procedures, and developments within the industry to improve
efficiency, levels of service, performance, and reduction in
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
1. Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent GED. Trade Certification in
electrical, carpentry, HVACR or plumbing preferred
Minimum three (3) years of experience performing maintenance and
repairs on commercial structures
Ability to positively interact with others in a courteous,
cooperative and professional manner.
Professional positive attitude and demeanor
Positive public image
Consistent and timely attendance
Ability to work independently
Excellent interpersonal skills
Clear and organized work habits
Ability to be flexible
Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills in the
Decision making skills
Enthusiastic advocate of LEPFA
Ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Able to meet deadlines
Basic computer skills
Responsible for safe grounds and parking lot maintenance
Ability to maintain adequate organized inventory of supplies and
Knowledge of commercial building and trades skills
Knowledge of organizational and departmental operational rules,
procedures and programs
Ability to accurately and safely perform repairs on equipment using
job specific hand and power tools
Ability to obtain valid license for operation of heavy machinery
Understanding of construction/maintenance terms, use of tools and
Ability to adhere to general safety practices and procedures
Knowledge of general and preventative maintenance and repair of
facilities, equipment and building management systems
Ability to perform basic math skills.
Ability to accurately and safely apply and utilize position related
Ability to perform drywall repair and painting
Ability to positively interact with others
Knowledge in operation and maintenance of building structure and
systems HVACR, electrical, and plumbing.
Knowledge of the tools, methods, and materials related to the trade
skills related to the Maintenance Department.
Able to safely operate a plow for snow and ice removal
3. Psychological/Mental/Physical Requirements:
Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Use of hands to perform required job duties
Ability to handle and assemble small parts
Ability to adjust/focus vision
Ability to speak clearly and professionally
Ability to listen carefully
Ability to handle difficult people professionally and tactfully
Project a cheerful presence, regardless of possible internal and
Ability to look at a computer monitor for extended periods of
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to communicate, understand and carry out directions and
Ability to accurately operate a keyboard
Ability to lift 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or
carrying of objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
Standing and walking for extended periods of time
Occasional driving requires valid Michigan Operator's License to
perform job related tasks
Frequent bending, kneeling, twisting, lifting and reaching
Frequent squatting and climbing
Ability to climb stairs
Visually and audibly checking at all times for possible hazards and
Ability to work in confined spaces
Ability to withstand noise in the work environment
Ability to sit for extended periods of time
Ability to withstand heights,
Ability to safely operate and perform tasks utilizing bucket
trucks, scissor lifts, forklifts and ladders
4. Environmental Requirements:..... click apply for full job
Keywords: Lansing Entertainment & Public Facilities Authorit, Lansing , Building Maintenance Technician, Professions , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!