COURIER TECH I
Company: Sparrow Health System
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job ID:35701 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description
General Purpose of Job: Duties
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Duties of a Courier Tech I include specimen transport, STAT pick up
services, as well as supply and material delivery.The Courier Tech
I provide efficient, safe, and courteous service for all internal
and external customers by transporting specimens, reports, and
supplies in a timely manner.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential
duties assigned on a regular basis.Caregivers may be asked to
perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership
has the right to alter or modify the duties of the
- Load, transport, deliver supplies, materials and equipment to
all areas of the health system and its customers
- Stock supplies, fill customer orders, and deliver in a timely
- Transports specimens, reports, and material between the health
system and its customers in accordance with all policies and
- Complete route sheets as required to indicate completion of
route, documentation of pick-ups and deliveries, and to indicate
customer specific requirements.
- Comply with requirements for maintenance and safety of vehicles
as defined in Department policies
- Comply with policy and procedures for cell phone
- Ability to drive a car for extended periods of time. Ability to
get in and out of car multiple times a day.
- Ability to pick up and transport containers and supplies, up to
- May be asked to deliver supplies and/orequipment over 40 lbs on
an occasional basis.
- Must work weekend and holidays as assigned.
- Must be available for "on-call" assignment
- Exposure to blood, body fluids, and chemicalspossible.
- Use of phone, pager and radio for communication.
* Valid Michigan Chauffeur's driver's license with a good driving
* 6 months of driver/delivery experience.
* High school diploma or GED
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
* Good communication skills. * Proven ability to accurately follow
step-wise directions. * Shows ability to read and follow a map. *
Demonstrates strong customer service skills. * Neat, well-groomed
appearance. * Ability to drive a car for extended periods of time.
Ability to get in and out of car multiple times a day. * Must be
able to communicate verbally with clients and fellow caregivers to
complete job assignments. * Must be able to use phone, pager, and
radio for communications.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Degree Type / Education Level
High School / GED
Part-time Benefit Eligible
Under 4 Years
Keywords: Sparrow Health System, Lansing , COURIER TECH I, Professions , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!