Trade Control Associate Specialist
Company: Emergent Biosolutions
Posted on: January 21, 2023
We go where others won't, taking on some of the biggest public
health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and
create a better, more secure world.Here, you will join passionate
professionals who advance their scientific, technical and
professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and
The Global Trade Control Associate Specialist will support
Emergent's Global Trade Control function in addressing applicable
export and import control requirements.
The Global Trade Control Associate Specialist will work
alongsideother various business functions to embed and support
Global Trade Control management to address export and import
requirements. Activities may include defining global trade
compliance business requirements, supporting the development of
tailored global trade compliance trainings, supporting the
application and provision of export license, and other activities
pertaining to global trade controls.
This role will ultimately support Emergent in maintaining
compliance with applicable global trade regulations.
This position is a FULL-TIME, REMOTE opportunity.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage global trade compliance requirements and realize
efficiencies in Emergent's global supply chain
- Classify imports and exports under their respective regulatory
regimes (HTSUS, EAR, ITAR)
- Obtain and manage export and import licenses, permits, and
- Implement company-wide and business-line specific import and
export trade control processes (e.g., supporting the development of
project specific Technology Control Plans)
- Develop and conduct tailored global trade compliance
- Keep Powers of Attorney and Bonds with logistics partners
updated for supply chain operations
- Monitor regulatory changes, including emerging regulations that
affect trade compliance and communicate regulatory changes to
- Manage Emergent's restricted party screening process including
ensuring all relevant business partners are screened, potential
matches are reviewed, and escalating restricted parties as
- Identify opportunities for cost savings through customs
valuation, first sale export planning, analysis of transfer pricing
policies and the utilization of FTA programs
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work
performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of
all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements
right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job
at any time which reflects management's assignment of essential
Education, Experience, & Skills
- 3+ years of experience U.S. export control experience
(operational, government, law firm, or consulting)
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Knowledge of U.S. export regulations including EAR and ITAR
- Knowledge of U.S. import regulations (HTSUS classification, FTA
utilization, Origination analyses, etc.)
- Knowledge of non-U.S. export or import regulations
- Advanced degree / diploma / certificate in a relevant
- Government agency or freight forwarding / custom brokerage
experience (DDTC, BIS, CBP)
- Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills
- Strong research, writing, verbal communication, and project
- Familiarity with technology tools and system used to manage
global trade requirements
- Knowledge of board of pharmacy state licensing requirements
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees
working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well
as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good
judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you
stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment
characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully
perform the essential functions of the job. This information is
available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex
or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical
conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including
transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental
disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information
or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state
or local law.
Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for
activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent
BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information
submitted will be subject to the terms of our .
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or
candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on
Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or
candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by
search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions'
approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent
BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent
BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the
Keywords: Emergent Biosolutions, Lansing , Trade Control Associate Specialist, Professions , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!