Maintenance Level 3
Posted on: March 20, 2023
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work
at Meijer, you're provided with career and community opportunities
centered around leadership, personal growth and development.
Consider joining our family - take care of your career and your
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Responsible for Preventative Maintenance (PM) and timely work order
completion for complex. Perform routine and emergency maintenance
(major and minor) of utilities systems in a multi-craft
environment, including PLC, instrumentation, mechanical and
What You'll be Doing:
- Performing emergency maintenance as well as preventative
maintenance, work order completion, record keeping, material
- Communicate with operations teams as needed for matters
relative to facility, conveyor Hilo and utilities and reacts
- Works with the Maintenance Planner to maintain supplies through
ordering and receiving parts, record usage and interaction with
- Maintain manufacturing and complex equipment by performing
Preventative (PM), Predictive (PdM) and Corrective Maintenance to
ensure maximum life expectancy of machinery.
- Notify appropriate leadership of unsafe, damaged work equipment
and make recommendations regarding repair or replacement as
- Suggest design improvements on existing and new equipment and
- Maintain excellent troubleshooting, mechanical and electrical
- Lead and coordinate the work of other maintenance personnel
(Levels 1-2) as required.
- May provide training and direction to other technicians and
operators as needed.
- Oversee/assist contractors as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested by Maintenance Manager.
- Practices 200% safety accountability in self and others.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- HS Diploma/GED required.
- Associates degree or certification in a technical field
- Mechatronics Certifications for Levels 1-7 completed or
- 5+ years of hands-on maintenance experience
- Familiarity with standard mechanical and electrical component
maintenance and repair practices; knowledge of and skill with
- Electrical background preferred
- Skilled and certified in various PLC programming
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with the
ability to convey technical information to a non-technical
- Knowledge and experience with Safe Quality Foods (SQF), Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) and Lean
- Ability to support and work with engineering on projects,
equipment design, layout or re-design.
- Working knowledge of standard mechanical component maintenance
and repair practices.
- Familiar with office technology tools (i.e. MS Office).
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to operate basic machining equipment (welder, bandsaw,
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work schedule
based on work guidelines provided.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Meijer leadership.
- Understanding computer theory, programmable logic controls
(PLC) and experience with Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude including 480V
- Ability to operate equipment as well as performing duties that
may require lifting up to 70lbs.
- Must have own tools to perform job duties.
Keywords: Meijer, Lansing , Maintenance Level 3, Professions , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...