15D Aircraft Powertrain Repairer
Company: Army National Guard
Location: Grand Ledge
Posted on: May 28, 2023
If you enjoy working with engine mechanics, join the Army National Guard as an Aircraft Powertrain Repairer. You will inspect, service, and repair powertrain systems on Army planes and helicopters to ensure that they remain safe and ready to fly transport, patrol, and flight training missions.
• Repair powertrain quills, transmission adapting parts, rotary wing hubs, and tanks
• Disassemble, repair, reassemble, adjust, balance, and align powertrain systems
• Maintain facilities for storage of flammable and hazardous materials
• Prepare requests for turn-ins and repair parts
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
• Repair of hydraulic, fuel, and electrical systems
• Engine disassembly, inspection, and repair
• Repair of aluminum, steel, and fiberglass airframes/coverings
• Preference for mathematics and shop mechanics
• Ability to use hand and power tools
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with aircraft manufacturers, commercial airlines, and government agencies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Soldiers in the Aircraft Powertrain Repairer specialty consists of 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training, plus 18 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. During this time, you will learn essential Soldiering skills and refine your aircraft repair abilities in the field and the classroom.
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
Other Job Information
Job ID: 3822
ZIP Code: 48837
Job Category: Aviation
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35 engine airplane inspector mechanic aviation lead repair align calibrate power distribution aerospace aeronautics avionics line maintenance component overhaul
Keywords: Army National Guard, Lansing , 15D Aircraft Powertrain Repairer, Professions , Grand Ledge, Michigan
here to apply!