Production Scheduler Planner
Posted on: February 9, 2024
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work
at Meijer, you're provided with career and community opportunities
centered around leadership, personal growth and development.
Consider joining our family - take care of your career and your
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Co-leads the planning, implementation and issuance of production
schedules for assigned manufacturing work area(s). Resolves
production schedule conflicts and orders raw material to fill
customer orders. Practices 200% Safety Accountability (Self and
What You'll be Doing:
- Plans and executes long term business objectives by creating
production schedules to fill all customer orders
- Manages inventory and ordering of raw stock, finished goods and
packaging supplies. Interacts directly with the Purchasing group
- Tracks current orders through communication with vendors and
distributors to ensure timely delivery
- Researches discrepancies in orders and works with vendors to
expedite deliveries as needed to maintain production
- Updates all pricing changes received from vendors.
- Works with vendors to negotiate pricing and evaluates
competitive pricing as needed.
- Works closely with Merchandise Planning teams for optimal
coverage of changing trends, sales, promotions and major timelines.
Orders accordingly and adjusts production schedules based on those
- Responsible for new item set-up at the plant, working with all
support groups such as PD, R&D, IT and
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the
responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as
assigned or required
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent relative
- Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) and/or
ordering/scheduling experience is highly desirable.
- 1-3 years of prior purchasing experience required
- Prior leadership experience is preferred
- Ability to become proficient with multiple systems used
throughout Meijer Manufacturing
- Proficient computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication
- Strong organizational skills
Keywords: Meijer, Lansing , Production Scheduler Planner, Professions , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!