Infrastructure Consultant in Lansing, Michigan
Company: Super Technology Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: November 8, 2018
One of our premier clients is looking for an Infrastructure Consultant in Lansing, Michigan for a long-term engagement. If interested, please submit your resume ASAP indicating (a) your date of availability (b) current location (c) desired annual salary/hourly rate (d) W-2 or 1099? JOB DETAILS / DESCRIPTION:
- The "Infrastructure Consultant" is responsible for the design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing, and/or modification of computing infrastructure systems or applications, based on and related to user or system design
- Design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing, maintenance and/or modification of computing infrastructure systems or applications, based on and related to user or system design specifications.
- Utilizes systems analysis techniques procedures in collaboration and coordination across departments to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications and requirements, and be a subject matter expert for LCC computer systems, integration points, and IT operations to determine the best solutions and implement new systems and processes.
- Operates with minimal direct supervision while performing tasks related to maintaining and monitoring existing LCC computer systems, advising for capacity planning and growth; analyzing, designing, and writing specialized software applications as well as improving existing processes and procedures.
- Develops, tests, and implements procedures for the secure and efficient use of hardware and software systems. Oversees and participates in the commissioning, decommissioning and maintenance of physical data center infrastructure. Ensures all data is sanitized or destroyed on physical data center assets leaving the College's possession. Communicates with vendors to ensure that software/hardware performs correctly, that problems are resolved through troubleshooting and diagnosis, and that fixes/repairs are implemented in a timely fashion
- Creates and maintains user accounts on various systems with appropriate access rights, disk quotas, disk structures, and print queues in order to provide educational services/tools for College employees and students. Implements proper organizational schemes and security protocols for accounts and files according to College structures to ensure proper protection of data and documents.
- Oversees and participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of backup, recovery, virus checking, and security facilities for all operating systems, databases, and servers in order to protect college computer data, programs, and capabilities.
- Advises and assists PC technicians with the proper setup and installation of software on the network. Answers and resolves queries regarding the operation of user accounts and printers. Assists other members of ITS in the set up and usage of software and servers, e.g. web servers, room scheduling, and data warehouse. Also supports the Help Desk staff in resolving user problems.
- Reviews and evaluates state-of-the-art software and hardware. Recommends acquisitions to ensure that computer capabilities, backups, and security keep pace with technology. Based on design requirements, purchasing bids are written, responses reviewed and award recommendations made for the procurement of new college information technology assets. Maintains hardware and software support contract renewals.
- Promotes and supports Client goals and initiatives
- Performs other duties as assigned, including backup support for other team members EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION:
- An Associate's degree and a minimum of 5 years relevant Information Technology work experience required.
- ---A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years relevant Information Technology work experience preferred.
- ---Demonstrable expertise in the administration and integration of Enterprise-class systems required.
- ---Certification in one or more technologies required. (RHCE, Microsoft) SKILL MATRIX:2 or more years' experience in the following is required:
- Good knowledge of deploying, configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Comprehensive understanding of information security practices; securing server operating systems, installing certificates and enabling encrypted co
- Experience with Single Sign-On technologies including CAS, SAML, Shibboleth.
- Extensive knowledge of VMware products: vSphere including Virtual Center, ESXi and Horizon View (Virtual Desktop).
- Superior knowledge of various supported protocols, including but not limited to: JDBC; ODBC; LDAP; SOAP; FTP; SSH; SSL; SFTP; TCP/IP; HTTP; HTTPS
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot applications and communications in a networked environment.
- Experience with and web server configuration and troubleshooting.
- Certification in one or more technologies required. (RHCE, Microsoft) - provided by Dice Red Hat Enterprise Linux, RHEL, RHCE, CAS, SAML, Shibboleth, VMware: vSphere including Virtual Center, ESXi, JDBC; ODBC; LDAP; SOAP; FTP; SSH; SSL; SFTP; TCP/IP; HTTP; HTTPS
Keywords: Super Technology Solutions, Inc., Lansing , Infrastructure Consultant in Lansing, Michigan, Professions , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!