Company: US Ecology
Posted on: November 10, 2019
You're a reliable, motivated and team-oriented person who likes to
pitch in and keep things clean and safe. You enjoy working both
inside and outside, and you'll do what it takes to get the job done
safely and effectively. You know how to manage your time, and
colleagues can count on you to be patient, tactful and cooperative.
You desire to learn new skills, be part of a team and advance
within a growing company.
Environmental Technicians identify, collect, transport, process,
package and prepare hazardous and universal wastes, recyclables and
solid waste for storage and disposal. You'll play an integral role
in supporting the Project Manager onsite. This is a 3rd shift
Day in the Life
After grabbing your favorite morning beverage, you can expect
* Suit up in your PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
* Conduct inspections onsite and share your findings with the
* Collect, load and containerize materials, and prepare them for
storage or shipment.
* Operate a forklift (or similar equipment) to load, unload and
* Check on waste containers throughout the facility (you'll notify
your Project Manager when containers are full, or if shipments are
* Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to apply
* High School Diploma or GED
* Preferred Certifications: 40 Hour HAZWOPER, 8 Hour HAZWOPER, DOT,
RCRA (we will train and provide certification, if needed!)
* Relevant experience in the environmental industry preferred
* Moderate computer skills (Microsoft Suite)
* Valid driver's license
* Forklift certification/license preferred
* Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug
* Comfort wearing a respirator if needed.
For more than 60 years, US Ecology has partnered with retailers,
manufacturers and government entities across North America to keep
the environment clean. The work is hard, but the reward is
significant. Our experts provide services and solutions that
address complicated treatment, disposal, recycling and emergency
response issues that may otherwise jeopardize the health of our
planet. By helping our partners safely dispose of their hazardous
and regulated waste, the teams at US Ecology are ensuring a
sustainable future for our children, our communities, and the
well-being of the places we call home.
For your hard work
* Opportunity for professional growth
* Employer paid certifications and training
* Paid Time Off & Holidays
* Find out more at www.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion,
color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or
veteran status, among other factors.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: US Ecology, Lansing , Environmental Technician, Professions , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!