Broker Development Consultant- Michigan & Ohio
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job Summary Responsible for effectively managing un-assigned
broker growth development and maintaining quality business
partnerships within the broker and public sector market. Principal
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Territory Vice President, Broker Regional
Vice President, Sales Manager, Market Director, and Sr Growth
Managers to deliver products and enrollment solutions.
- Presents enrollment services and technology capabilities to
successfully meet and exceed client expectations.
- Conducts and participates in best practice and training calls,
to ensure expectations are being delivered.
- Compiles statistics, evaluates data, forms conclusions, and
presents recommendations to leadership; proactively consults and
influences a variety of components based on strategic initiatives
and actual performance.
- Strives to exceed sales growth targets set by leadership to
comply with national growth strategies and expectations.
- Recommends new innovative approaches to relationships and
strategies to win opportunities; advises on effective strategies to
scale broker and public sales sector in a specified region;
anticipates relevant coaching and education needs of BSPs, Senior
Group Reps, RSCs, DSCs, CBR's, DBC's and any other field roles in
support of these growth plans.
- Participates in the development of long-range strategic plans,
sales force development objectives, and required future resources
for the department.
- Participates in key management activities and on committees;
maintains appropriate communications within area of responsibility,
advising division senior management accordingly; leads, coaches,
and mentors division team members and other employees as
- Drives the creation of sector, territory and market level
public sector strategies that includes helping to determine which
associates will work in each market to drive public sector activity
to the small-case market; helps to determine the appropriate broker
partners to engage with in an effort to drive significant public
- Partners with both channels in the assigned
territory/markets/sectors to drive activity and to ensure that the
sales force has the support needed to succeed in the public sector
market; attends meetings with both clients and brokers to help
drive messaging and close accounts.
- Manages field force activity in support of unassigned brokers;
actively manages assignments (region, district, associates, etc.)
maintain communications with brokers through weekly calls and
bimonthly meetings, and inputs activity in the CRM system
- Responsible for maintaining the Certified Broker Representative
program, ensuring completion of training and verifying
- Assist in the management of regional DBC (District Broker
Coordinator) in support of driving broker relationships. Education
& Experience Required
- Bachelors Degree eight to ten years of professional job related
- Extensive field sales experience Or an equivalent combination
of education and experience Job Knowledge & Skills
- In depth knowledge of the broker channel.
- Ability to understand opportunities and implications of growth
and marketing strategies for broker partnerships and alliances.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain senior-level
- Ability to work across the Aflac organization collaboratively
to forge participation in partnerships and shared marketing
- Ability to oversee and ensure details for conferences are
- Client driven with a strong focus on quality of service.
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
Keywords: AFLAC, Lansing , Broker Development Consultant- Michigan & Ohio, Sales , Okemos, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!