Sales Representative, Academic Markets
Company: National Restaurant Association
Posted on: October 8, 2018
Exciting opportunity for a highly motivated B2B Inside Sales professional, who is equal parts confident, coachable and client-service-driven. If you have minimum one - three years of inside sales experience, ideally within academic publishing or recruitment, hospitality or related industries, and proven yourself as a top producer, we want to hear from you! As an integral member of our Academic market sales team, you will create, develop and grow sales opportunities for our American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) training and certification products, now part of the National Restaurant Association portfolio, across post-secondary channels. The position includes prospecting, qualifying and generating new sales, and communicating with existing and potential customers by conducting ongoing needs analyses, defining opportunities and proposing sales solutions. The Inside Sales Associate will be responsible for achieving and exceeding goals through active, high-volume cold-calling and email communication initiatives. Compensation includes base and bonus potential, plus comprehensive benefits package. Responsibilities:
- Meet and exceeds sales targets set for defined territory.
- Develop new business via telephone and mass communication including email and social media. Identifies appropriate buyers within the target market.
- Contact and follow-up on leads generated through marketing efforts and/or our Customer Support team and conducts research to identify potential prospects.
- Conduct customer needs analyses, assists in the development of training & implementation solutions, pricing strategies, account presentations/marketing plans, and proposals.
- Prepare and analyzes customer sales and jurisdictional information on a regular basis for the purpose of evaluating business trends, opportunities and successes.
- Implement customer and market strategies within assigned area.
- Provide outstanding customer service to new and existing accounts.
- Maximize account profitability by ensuring compliance to agreed-upon pricing and account receivable terms. Collaborates with accounting function and assist with collections of account receivables.
- Manage data for existing, new and prospective clients in Salesforce.com, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate and documents are attached.
- Work with Academic sales management and other team members to support market development efforts to grow the sales pipeline to meet revenue and accomplish Association goals. Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or hospitality-related.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in academic publishing or recruitment, hospitality or related B2B industries with demonstrated skills in telephone sales, meeting revenue and contact goals, project management and business planning.
- Proven ability to develop and build relationships, close sales and cultivate partnerships and alliances.
- Thrive in metric-driven environment.
- Proficiency across Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience with Salesforce and VOIP Phone system. Ability to learn other computer software programs, and enter and maintain accurate data/information.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with customer centric sensibility. Work independently with little supervision required.
- Skilled negotiator with strong strategic, consultative selling ability.
- Proven track record in selling and closing over the phone.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, priority-setting and time management skills.
- Positive attitude with desire to continually improve performance and take to the next level.
- Highly developed, clear and concise communications skills, verbal, written and presentation.
- Ability to provide superior client service in demanding, deadline-driven environment.
- Work with high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Flexible and resilient; adaptable to change oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and diplomacy skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills; understand mission-critical from non-strategic.
- Resourceful self-starter with ability to work as part of a team or independently; assumes risk with responsibility. High level of energy and drive to achieve team and personal goals.
- Minimal travel required; estimate 3 trips per year.
Keywords: National Restaurant Association, Lansing , Sales Representative, Academic Markets, Sales , Lansing, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!